Undeadlong version 1.0

The best of the best for Halo 2 Xbox

Should I make new weapons for each Mod Re-Animators INC produce????

Yes Keeping the same would be great.
38%
Yes keep them but they need tweaking a little (if you choose this on say what and how)
13%
No make a new set of weapons for each level you modd
48%

Total votes: 89

Dawg605

Post by Dawg605 »

Any timetable when version 2 will be out? Oh, and woohoo that the white line is being added in version 2. Call me anal, but it really does look different than the other map pics. Cool that you are adding it.
EvilMidget

Post by EvilMidget »

man this rox, but i found 1 glitch so far.

when u use the machine-gun turret (1 by teleporter where u normally get sniper rifle) and shoot the sign above the bridge (the one with all ur names on it) it freezes.
Dawg605

Post by Dawg605 »

That glitch has already been reported and talked about, but it don't matter. It just confirms that it happens for everybody.
EvilMidget

Post by EvilMidget »

maybe they made it so you couldnt disgrace them by shooting their symbol...
SilentAssassin420

Post by SilentAssassin420 »

Nice job and congratz to everyone in uDeD for making such a spotless map...ohh besides the freeze problem with the turret..happend to me too! :twisted:
baddman

Post by baddman »

FREAK thanks for all the extra work !! you are aways willing to help with getting everyone set up .

also i think all the work that was put into the UNDEADLONG make'n the new weapon spawn points and moving the turrets by you ,and bit map work by the others, and the time murdrer spent on weapons needs a big THANK YOU by everyone.

it was great fun helping as little as i did..
im looking foword to more mods.
i hope everyone knows and under stands the work that you did on the map and and time on weapons MR murder spent.
i know the time that it took and wanted to say thanks to all who worked on the map.
friends let me tell ya if it were not for the team work of the group it would of never been done.
jkjk

Snitch! Critic

Post by jkjk »

evilmidget222 wrote:man this rox, but i found 1 glitch so far.

when u use the machine-gun turret (1 by teleporter where u normally get sniper rifle) and shoot the sign above the bridge (the one with all ur names on it) it freezes.
did you have another mainmenu patch like hozy's? it may conflict with it.
I'd like to see more XBC mods and less projectile mods!
thugster963

Post by thugster963 »

Question: When Version 2 Comes out will it overwrite version one that would be very nice if it did
EvilMidget

Post by EvilMidget »

jkjk wrote:
evilmidget222 wrote:man this rox, but i found 1 glitch so far.

did you have another mainmenu patch like hozy's? it may conflict with it.
no, i patched undeadlong and added the other maps by hand
RetsaM

Undeadlong experience

Post by RetsaM »

I had such a cool experience trying out Undeadlong the last couple of days that I wanted to share it.

I got the Mod from a friend (I had heard about it but hadn't tried it, yet). While checking it out on kai, we (my friend AXiON and I) get a visit from [BS] Humpy (hope he doesn't mind my using his name).

I instantly recognized his name from the Undeadlong release ReadMe, and my friend AXiON tells me Humpy was the one that helped him setup the Map before, which was cool.

He (Humpy) shows us a couple of weapons, answers all our questions, and gives us 'hints' on possible locations for the 'Easter Egg' weapon.

He showed us that the same weapon/effect can be had if beginning the level with the Battle Rifle and 'borrowing' a friend's Battle Rifle, and dual-wielding these beauties. He destroyed/made fly the turned-over bus, and the 'hogs' which was hella fun watching. But still, we wanted to find the actual Easter Egg.

After a couple of hours of searching by myself, sleep beckoned.

The next night we're (AXiON and I, duh) are at it again. Looking over all the possibilities Humpy had so graciously provided us with, and a few other places we had to look in/at/over (in case Humpy had led us astray (which after not finding the Easter Egg for a while we were beginning to suspect, sorry Humpy ;))

Then we get a visit from non other than [BS] MrMurder!! He too was very accommodating (it's spelled right, look it up :P ) and showed us some really cool stuff, not to mention the pic of himself and others in the Map. Scary stuff to be sure. ;)

Well to make this already long story short, later AXiON and I found the Easter Egg, and had a blast, not just finding it but doing some things with it, like sharing it with other players. We had multiple people dual-wielding these weapons which was really cool.

Huge "Thanks!" to EVERYONE who worked on this Mod, and especially to [BS] Humpy, and [BS] MrMurder TMOJ for taking the time to show us they're (and other's) awesome work, and answering our many questions! It made our experience an unforgetable one, as well as Undeadlong and Re-Animators INC followers.

Looking forward to playing DOTD on Undeadlong and other Re-Animators INC's Maps/Mods with you all.

Now where did I put that can of Brain Juice? Mmmmm, ahhh... that hit the spot.

RetsaM316 (kai tag)
RetsaM everywhere else
Play the game, don't BE the game.
xXxMiSSioNxXx

Post by xXxMiSSioNxXx »

can someone pleaze help me! ok i patched the mainmenue map and the headlong map(changed the name) and overwrighted the mainmenu.map and transferred the undeadlong.mp and it goes to the menue then i click start and it says waiting for everyone to join then it says failed? can someone please help me i REALLY WANNA TRY THIS MAP SOON! thanx
DJ Flavor

Location: Crouching & Weapons Changing on a dead body in Halo 2 ..Repeatedly

Post by DJ Flavor »

xXxMiSSioNxXx wrote:can someone pleaze help me! ok i patched the mainmenue map and the headlong map(changed the name) and overwrighted the mainmenu.map and transferred the undeadlong.mp and it goes to the menue then i click start and it says waiting for everyone to join then it says failed? can someone please help me i REALLY WANNA TRY THIS MAP SOON! thanx

Be sure you are using a fresh/clean Mainmenu.map & headlong map first.

Already patched map files will not work properly....

You have to resign both the mainmenu.map and headlong.map after they have been patched. (TF6 will do this along with other programs)

You will then rename headlong to undeadlong ..... no uppercase lettters.

NEXT, Clear your cache files in your X, Y, & Z drives in your xbox....
Lastly FTP patched and resigned files over to your halo 2 maps folder. Make sure you delete/backup any undeadlong & mainmenu.map file in the Halo 2 map folder.
Simply overwriting your map files won't work sometimes.....
I have been using Flash FXP and have had NO problems.....

ONLY Download the Undeadlong MOD from Halomods, Halomaps, or HXBdev.org. It comes with a readme file..... If you still do not understand this post or the readme, I'm not going to flame you like some other people would right off the bat...
Instead, I will invite you to Private Message me with any other questions....
But next time, please read around or use the MAGIC Search button.
or lastly
Private Message Mr. Murder himself (Man mainly responsible for UnDeadLong)
he won't bite, he may shoot you though with his dual wielding Magnums of Justice!
Hope this helps! Good Luck! :wink:
Undeadlong is the Most Thorough and impressive Mod to date that I have played....
and I'm not just saying that either. No straight, plain 2 second weapon swaps here.....
ALOT of Attention has been put into this mod. C'mon kids, pay attention to detail
Plus the easter egg is something that was said, that couldn't be done.......and was .....
Be sure to find the "FISTS OF MURDER" you absolutely have to dual wield these babies.

Undeadlong is a pretty impressive mod if you ask me in the age of Halo 2 modding.
BEWARE VERSION 2...
Um, yeah, btw no one will need to post about the glitch, was found a long time ago, so CHEERS! :P

DJ FLAVOR ... (DJ PERSON.......ROFLMAO)
aka
HuMpY

H.Y.D.B.

tAAAke IT!!!!!!!!!!
RE-Animators INC.
"Breathing New Life Into Dead Shit"
B.S. coming for you.....
"tAAAke IT!!!!"
VictoriousSecret

Stylist

Post by VictoriousSecret »

Dear lord...its beautiful. If I can help this mod in anyway, I'd love to. Im a pretty good skinner *wink* *wink* Lots of fun.
MrMurder

Revivalist Artisan Droplet Pyre
Literarian 100

Post by MrMurder »

Thanks VictoriousSecret we aim to please. :D

Ok well we have had some great props and feedback on Undeadlong and are currently working on the next level for release.
The choice on weapons however due to lack of specific feedback has been made so for those of you that didnt post up :twisted: BAD MONKEY :twisted:
Waterworks Is our next target and the weapons are almost done the super weapons for waterworks are finished and we just have the bitmaps to work out and skinning the ground, walls and scenery

THE HIVE as it will be named should be ready within the next 2 weeks.
Also a new re-worked version of Undeadlong will be out soon to replace the current version.
Bug Stompers "We Endanger Species"

MrMurder The Magnums Of Justice

Thanks for your time.
jkjk

Snitch! Critic

Post by jkjk »

sounds good. did you fix the turret freeze? also, many of us have our own mainmenus so it would be cool if you made the patch from either this menu you made or one without the ui changed so we can patch our current and then add your skins and your level by hand to the matg.
I'd like to see more XBC mods and less projectile mods!
Tim1210

Post by Tim1210 »

um.... wuts zombie???
DJ Flavor

Location: Crouching & Weapons Changing on a dead body in Halo 2 ..Repeatedly

Post by DJ Flavor »

Tim1210 wrote:um.... wuts zombie???
Its a gametype in Halo 2 that has been created, and is tons of fun.

Go here to learn about it:
http://www.dementedpuppy.com/content.php?article.58

DJ FLAVOR
AKA
HuMpY
B.S. coming for you.....
"tAAAke IT!!!!"
BlackScrob

Post by BlackScrob »

MrMurda and crew nice work with the Mod. keep it up. Cant wait to try out The Hive.
TORQUE_NDB

Post by TORQUE_NDB »

I have an idea for a weapon. A gravity rifle. I made the sentinel beam a gravity rifle on Headlong, all force no damage, but I couldn't figure out how to make the projectile impact make the damage spread out like an explosion so that I wouldn't have to hit exactly on the object to move it. Also, I found out that altering the projectile speed for a plasma grenade does NOT affect it when you throw it, only when shooting it out of a gun, but the frag grenade's throwing IS affected when you change its speed.
If you believe the new sig regulations are awsome and that the moderators are being cool about it, copy and paste this into your sig.
baddman

Post by baddman »

ttt