How to use an an XBox controller on your PC

Tutorials for the PC version of Halo 1.
99awe99

How to use an an XBox controller on your PC

Post by 99awe99 »

Some of you may know this already, but for those who don't, this is how you do it. i take no credit for making these tutorials only for finding them and sharing them with you

Materials needed:
1.) LLamma's XBox To PC Adapter (I trust this site, it gave me new parts for my xbox) which can be found here http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/produc ... ucts_id=78 for $9.99

2.) and last but not least The drivers* for the XBox controller Found here http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html it comes with installation guide and everything you need to get your xbox controller working

Once you have your controller working you should be able to adjust it to halo's settings, Good luck and happy holidays!

*The drivers work for Windows 98/2000/XP you will need to find seperate drivers for vista

EDIT: I forgot to post that there is a free way to get the Xbox > PC adapter but it is not recommended, Found here http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/xbox_co ... pc_usb.htm
swampyevilnut117

Wordewatician 50

Xbox Controller

Post by swampyevilnut117 »

Well thats cool that you posted this, but, I think that making the controller USB not getting an adapter is more satisfying. Makes you look smarter lol. But no, seriously, thats cool that someone posted this finally.

ADMIT, it looks so developer to play the comp with the xbox controller :P
iPod
Readers Club

Post by iPod »

Oh, I thought this was free, i mean if money is involved then the project is already done for me.
hmmm
nixshadow

Post by nixshadow »

I have made something like this before.
It didn't work, because i did it wrong.
But i was able to make a keyboard connect to the xbox, yet it didn't work still, the lights just turned on.

Anyways nice job, thanks for posting, sure someone will use this.
swampyevilnut117

Wordewatician 50

Keyboard on xbox

Lol, the reason your keyboard didnt work is beacause not only do you need a driver for the Xbox to recognize the keyboard, your Xbox needs to be modded to even get the driver on it :P

BTW, just making your own xbox to USB adapter is free...
All you need is some solder, a soldering iron/gun and basic soldering skills... oh yeah and wire strippers.

lol, i did my adapter for free...
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

For Mac users there is a driver you can dl for free that allows you to us an xBox 360 controller on your mac.
Twitter: Dirk Gently | Major lulz
Mr. Brightside: Worst mod I've seen since 'Nam.
Website
nixshadow

Re: Keyboard on xbox

Post by nixshadow »

swampyevilnut117 wrote:Lol, the reason your keyboard didnt work is beacause not only do you need a driver for the Xbox to recognize the keyboard, your Xbox needs to be modded to even get the driver on it :P

BTW, just making your own xbox to USB adapter is free...
All you need is some solder, a soldering iron/gun and basic soldering skills... oh yeah and wire strippers.

lol, i did my adapter for free...
I have a modded xbox, and if i would have had that driver, i wouldn't have lost my adapter..
Joeottoman

Post by Joeottoman »

Yea, I made my own from a tut on that site. I had an extra USB cable lying around and an old xbox controller with broken cord. (Where it plugs into Xbox).

EDIT: It was this tut.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/xbox_co ... pc_usb.htm
super_man916

Post by super_man916 »

i am willing to do this but i already have the wireless 360 controler from my 360 and i have the wireless jack thingy
swampyevilnut117

Wordewatician 50

something cool

Hey, i was experimenting with the Control MK program from redcl0ud.com

Check this out...

Download the Halo Dev Comands thing from halmoaps.org

Set up your xbox controller in halo...

Now, open control MK
Set button 7 to VK_k
and button 8 to VK_l

Now, open the Dev program.

Now while your playing halo, you can freeze time with the controller :)
It, feels so natural to the game now... you can do this with all the commands. I have super jump, you click up on the d-pad. :)

Just something i found interesting.
phlsphr420

Post by phlsphr420 »

I made my original xbox controller mod, used those drivers, but used an app called Xpadder to set up the controller. I use the app for my 360 controller now for use with halo pc. I seriously suggest giving it a shot ;)