How to make a scarab gun in multyplayer *REVISED*

Tutorials for the PC version of Halo 1.
thearbiter

How to make a scarab gun in multyplayer *REVISED*

Post by thearbiter »

1. open in hmt an unmodded bloodgulch then go to tools>batch extract and check the medadata box and extract to a folder.

2. then open a10 and browse to the [proj] tag.

3. extract the a30\beamemmiter\beam. make sure u have checked off the recusive box.

4. copy all the folders u got when u extracted the beam into the batch extract folder on your desktop.

4 then add the unmodded bloodgulch to the folder and then goto hmt and go to tools rebuild.

5. hit yes for it to fill the stuff in the go to addional files right cklick in the white box and hit add the go to ur folder and browse to levels\a30\devices\beamemmiter.

6. select all the folders and hit open.

7. now hit rebuild and when it asks for new vetexs and indices hit no for both.

8 now go to HMT add open the bloodgulch.map.rebuild. go to the [proj] tag again and swap any one you want with the beamemiter.

9.then rename the map bloodgulch.map and put it in you map folder and play

:D :P cheers :P :D

Also i made a mod with the scarab gun here: Got removed in the update of the forums.

So happy i can post with this account.
Sig over file size limit.
thearbiter

Post by thearbiter »

I no this is a bump but i updated this so it is easyer to understand
kmssd

Post by kmssd »

Do you know if there is a way to do this with a modded xbox, maybe something like coping Metropolis single player map and copy the scarab gun over to a mutliplayer map?
theghost741

Post by theghost741 »

....metropolis...is a Halo 2 map if i'm not mistaken....so..no...you can't take a Halo 2 campaign map in import to Halo 1 multiplayer map...
takishi90

fuck

Post by takishi90 »

dude i got an exception error, but for some reason every time i PMI i either get that or halo freezes and stays at the "start game network" screen so if anyone knows y it would help.
[betray_crysis]

Post by [betray_crysis] »

I don't get it.... why does it have to be a unmodded map anyway?
hiheyhello

Post by hiheyhello »

takishi90 wrote
dude i got an exception error, but for some reason every time i PMI i either get that or halo freezes and stays at the "start game network" screen so if anyone knows y it would help.
You CANNOT play lobby games with it, you can ONLY host games, OR if people have downloaded it then you can play

[betray_crysis]wrote
I don't get it.... why does it have to be a unmodded map anyway?
I donno why, why do you?
Tural wrote:I like to pretend I have friends.
thearbiter

Post by thearbiter »

guys i have not modded halo PC in like a year and you need to have some knowledge of PMIing. Other wise its pretty self explanitory.
ryan_mckenzie

Post by ryan_mckenzie »

Hey, im slightly confused with this.
When u say, "extract the a30\beamemmiter\beam. make sure u have checked off the recusive box." Am i suppose to extract>batch, or something else, because i tried to extract batch and nothing was extracted. Thanks.