no
64%
sorta
No votes

Total votes: 11

Silv3rPh30nix

[Halo1][CE]AI in MP

Post by Silv3rPh30nix »

This tutorial was written by my freind S3anyBoy, and I take no credit for it.
S3anyBoy wrote: Before we start, you will need:
1. Kornman00's modified guerilla (supplied)
2. Halo1 PC and HaloCE (supplied)
3. HEK+ (supplied)
4. A brain

Links:
Guerilla- http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1422
Halo CE- http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=410
HEK+- http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2289

Note: If you have already ripped a map to tags skip to the 3rd step.

Ok now we can begin.

Step 1: Setting up a directory
Now this part is very important.
1. Make a folder on your desktop called CE, in it put everything HEK+ came with and the modified guerilla.
2. In the CE folder make 2 more folders, one named Maps, and one named Tags. In the Maps folder put the CE bitmaps and sounds maps.

Congratulations you have completed the first step therefore proving you have a brain. Now on to step 2.

Step 2: Getting the Tags
note~ I will be using Beavercreek, and spawning marines and elites, but you can use whatever map you want, although it would be better to follow this one exactly, then try other maps.
1. Open HEK+ and goto file>open, then find whatever map you have saved, I am using Beavercreek.
2.In the explorer select all the directories. Now right click and choose extract to, and clcik the three dots next to the extraction folder box, now find the tags folder in the CE folder you made earlier and click ok. Now your map is ripped to tags so it may be recompiled later.
3.Now you need to get an [actr] tag for your map. Open any SP that has the type of AI you want, and rip it to tags also.
Good to see you haven't given up by now, and hopefully you didn't mess up.

Step 3: Adding the AI
1. Open the modified Guerilla, it should be called Kornman00v20_release.
2.In guerilla goto file>open tag. Now locate the scenario tag for whatever map you ripped. To do this goto Magic/Tags/Levels/Test/"map_name_here" and select the "map_name".scenario.
3. Now you have te scenario open, so scroll down until you see
and click the ADD button under the ACTOR PALLETTE and find an actor tag. There should be one in CE/Tags/Characters/marine_armored select the marine_armored assault rifle.actor_variant tag. Now you have added the marine tag to your map. Now click add again and this time go to CE/Tags/Characters/elite/elite minor and select elite minor plasma rifle.actor_variant.
4. Now click the ADD button on the ENCOUNTERS tab and click the checkbox that says "respawn enabled". Then repeat this so you have 2 encounters. Now set the teams, it is good to have the marines set to default by unit and set the elites to covenant, that way spartans will be on your team and the elites won't. You may also want to name your encounter at this time but it is not required.
You should now see this:
5.Now click the ADD button on the SQUADS tab in the "Spartans" encounter. You may name your squad but it isn't required. I usually name mine what biped they spawn and what weapon this squad has EX:"Spartans_AR". Now set the actor type to what you want. You should now see something like this:
6. Now you need to scroll down until you see the "normal diff count", this determines the amount of AI that will spawn on normal, the next box determines how many will spawn on legendary. Since its MP you need to set both to the same number, I use 5. The "major upgrade" is to determine how many of the AI will be upgraded to majors. You can change it if you want but I usually leave it at normal. Next we have "respawn min actors" and "respawn max actors". Min actors determines how many will die before they instantly spawn, I will set it to 2, and set the max to 5, that way no more than 5 will ever spawn, and if 3 die then they will instantly respawn. Keep the respawn total at 0 that way its infinite. Now it should look like this:
7. Now scroll down a bit more until you see STARTING LOCATIONS and click ADD. Now you see XYZ coordinate boxes. They are blank at the moment but you need to fill them, they will determine where the AI spawn.( X:29.0556, Y:13.732, Z:-0.1) are the red team flag coordinates, I will use ( X:29.0556, Y:13.732, Z:0). That way they should spawn above the base. Return and Initial state are unused, and set the actor type to the same as in the SQUADS tab. Make sure you check the "required" box. Ignore the command list box, its a bit more advanced, I will cover them later. Now it should look like this:

Congratulations you have successfully spawned the first squad. Now repeat Step 3 parts 5-7 for the "Elites" encounter, but set the coordinates to (X:-0.860378, Y:13.7648, Z:0) then they will spawn atop blue base. Now save by pressing ctrl+s and then close guerilla.

Step 4: Recompiling your map
1. Open Tool and compile the map.
2. Put the map in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps folder, load up CE and choose the map and play.

The final product should look something like this:

Note spawning the marine biped will cause the map to become too large, it is fixable, but its much easier to just make them spawn as Spartans. To do this open the [ACTV] tag in Guerilla and swap the biped to Spartan.

~S3anyBoy
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
wilp

Post by wilp »

when i opening the scenario in guerilla V2 i see many red textes

and when i open tool and get the scenario to a map i get many errors
why?
[SK]Nick[A]

Droplet

Post by [SK]Nick[A] »

you prolly did what i did and didnt think you had to put the hek+ and stuff in there but you do you have to put it in there
01011011 01010011 01001011 01011101 01001110 01101001 01100011 01101011 01011011 01000001 01011101
BOB{MODs}

Post by BOB{MODs} »

k i got everything til the last part (tool) what do i have to do there and where is it??? i have tool++ but i dont no if it will work??? And how do i compile the map???
spartankiller117

actor tags

Post by spartankiller117 »

how come there are no actor variant tags in my any of my characters?
chalupa
Readers Club

Post by chalupa »

where do i get #4?
mean people suck
Glitcherguy

Post by Glitcherguy »

I got the marines and elites tags from halo PC levels would that be ok when i import them to the CE level?