How to make Chapter Titles in CE. -Advanced

Tutorials for Halo CE.
DHalo

How to make Chapter Titles in CE. -Advanced

Post by DHalo »

First and foremost, I would like to thank p0lar_bear for helping me figure this out. I would also like to thank TheGhost, who had helped him. Finally, I would like to thank kornman for discovering scripting, and 9mm-man, who released the script tutorial (even though he shouldn't have :evil: ).

NOTE: The map does NOT have to be solo.

Ok, first, download the String List Editor by SteelixB. Make as many strings as you would like, but remember the string number of the line you would like to make a chapter title out of. Save you string list as a .unicode_string_list file in your map's root folder (where the scenario is located). Open up your map's scenario in Guerilla and scroll down to the very bottom. Add a CUTSCENE TITLE and name it whatever you want. Leave text bounds alone. In string index, put the string number in it that you were supposed to remember. To make it look Bungie style, make the justification right. Under text color, make it anything you want (preferably white). Under the "a" space on both colors, make it 255. Make the fade in/out and the up time seconds anything you want. (remember the numbers) Under ingame help text add your string list. Save and Close.

Download the attached script and open it in your favorite text editor.
NOTE: I had to rar it.

Lemme explain. Script startup starts the script. For this, let's call it w00t. The commands pretty much start showing the letterbox, then fill in the first set of asterisks with the name of you chapter title. (the name you gave it in Guerilla) Then it stops the script. MATH ALERT! Load up Calculator. Add the Up Time and Fade Out time you set in Guerilla. Mine was 6+2. So that equals 8. A good idea would to multiply 34.38 by your first equations answer. (REMINDER: mine was 8) So that would be 34.38 x 8 for me. That equals 275.04 for me, so I would just round that off. Only use the first 3 digits with no decimal, and replace the second set of asterisks with your final answer. Finally! The last two brackets close off your script. Save your script under data\levels\(your map)\scripts as, let's say, w00t.hsc. Open up Sapien, and go to File\Compile Scripts. Save and Close. Compile your map with tool, then boot it up and you should have a successful chapter title!

If you have any questions, IM me with YIM at dmoore992 or AIM at DavHalo. Hope you have fun!

-DHalo
Attachments
editscript.rar
(183 Bytes) Downloaded 27 times