CE - Beginner - Custom sky GBX models

Tutorials for Halo CE.
CMDR Reservoir

CE - Beginner - Custom sky GBX models

Post by CMDR Reservoir »

This isn't like the one in the Wiki. This one provides a perfect sky.

Tools Needed:

HEK Essentials (Guerilla, 3DSMax6 or 7, ect.)
James Model importer
Set up working directories(bitmaps,models,ect.)

Step 1: Open up guerilla and navigate to tags->sky->space.

Step 2: Open the space.GBX model and export it as a .txt file in guerilla.

Step 3: Go to your 3DS Max and import the model. As you can see, there is a box titled frame space and an incomplete sphere. The sphere is huge as you can see.

Step 4: Make another sphere about the exact same size as it, then delete the old one.

Step 5: After this is done, Hit M, go to standard, double click Multi/Sub-object, discard all material, set the number of bitmaps you have for this, properly assighn names and bitmaps, place all of the bitmaps were you think it should go and properly UV'em all.

Step 6: Now once this is all done, link the sphere to the frame and export it as whatever the name of your sky is(halo_morning, stary_night, ect.)

Step 7: Compile the bitmaps, then go back to guerilla and go to new->shader_enviroment. Click it.

Step 8: Since this won't be the actual shader for the sky, you don't have to fill in any of the values. Just name it the same name of your bitmaps in max. So If I didn't phrase that write or it means absolutly jack to you, here is what it means:

Step 9: Save it in the directory folder in the tags->sky->Shaders and compile your model.

Step 10: Re-size guerilla and open up a sky. It does matter which it is because if you have a totally nighttime sky mixed with a clear afternoon lighting, we have a problem. Depending on what sky you'r making with this tutorial(night sky or sunny sky or whatever) make sure you pick the right one. Moving on.....

Step 11: when in the sky area, at the top there should be a lable called model. Replace this with your own.
XBL Tag : CMDR Reservoir
Need HEK help? Contact me on AIM I know more than I need to know.