Learn what you need to protect your CE maps from PC rippers.

Tutorials for Halo CE.
Nknave

Learn what you need to protect your CE maps from PC rippers.

Post by Nknave »

well, as you all know, i'm knave, the first person to make CE to PC ripping possible(big deal :tongue: ). And i'm here to give you tips in how to stop your stuff being ripped from map to pc users like i used to do. Since I started CE i noticed it's more than just tool where you click, it's more than take a vertex and move. You actually work :halo2: , and now i come to realize that some ppl don't want their stuff ripped, as you all know pc users are so into the h2 mod, like we are, but they're like I WANT THIS I WANT THAT, let's just say, if i sign in AIM, a huge wave of n00bs contact me for stuff, and i don't want that anymore.

I confess i stole ppls work b4, and now i apolygize :smerk:

Here are the Tips so you can do some easy model protection to your CE maps.

Facts:

1.- Not all CE maps are HMT, HHT openable. (try opening goulheaven_hall.map with hexing).

2.- Bitmaps and sounds' can't be extracted from CE map yet, well only by a few that don't make it public cause of the consequences.

3.- Models are most of the time the easiest thing to extract from a CE map,(well at least for me it was :p ).

Final.- BSP from CE maps can't be extracted to PC maps if they aren't in scenery :tongue:

Ways of the ripper:

1.- Simple hexing (6*** to 0***), = HMT openable. even halomods has this info :wow:

2.- Decrapping models and rebuilding maps with them using HMT features that i won't mentioned (no i never had HMT4, no such thing, and it's just pure thinking).

3.- Getting the model ingame flawlessly, NOW THAT'S SOMETHING THAT NOT EVERYONE CAN DO! :tongue:

Final.- Havin't to skin the model by them self if they don't have the bitmaps or shaders.

Thigs that affect PC that work on CE:

1.- Almost everything custome works fine in CE, PC.........that's something you must find out.

2.- Vehicles that have "~damaged" permutation in ther "gbx model, or mod2 meta", PC engine doesn't accept it, (this is for custome only, pc sp works)

3.- Weapons don't decrap properly, but the animation tags are the easiest to extract.

Final.- .........meh, here's how to avoid most of this.

Protect Vehicles:

1- MAKE LODS, not everyone makes lods, and the "~damaged" model, even if it's not meant to be destructable, having lods will make the model not decrap correctly in HMT, and having the "~damanged" model, will make the game get exception once the map loads :p .

Protect weapons:

1.- 3rd Person=same, make lods. just not the damaged here :botman:

2.- FP, now here's something that's gonna be long to explain, hope you get it.

In you max file, of the fp model, your gonna make a box that's gonna be anywhere you want it to be(not visible on the FOV), and give it the same material of your main gun, or other piece, don't matter, but it must be a model that will be part of the gun. Then your gonna link that new box to the GUN MESH, not the FRAME GUN, but another object that's a mode (example: "frame gun" -main parent-, "gun body" -parent-, "box01" -child-), this will create a permutation like on the gbx model tag. CE will respond just fine, but halo pc won't, FP's can't have 2 different models, there for, game get's exception data. if you open the map with a ripped gun fp with this tip i gave you, you'll see that the gun will be one "subobject", and the box will be another. this is bad for halo pc, very bad. :tongue: .

Final.- This covers the protection of vehicles and weapons, now use this knowledge for other stuff like scenery, which will be the same thing "LODS", and your set. plz give feedback and tips if you know how to protect CE map with more proffesional ways.

-knave-