How to make a decent video with yelo trainer 1.5

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
adolif

Literarian 100

How to make a decent video with yelo trainer 1.5

Post by adolif »

Ok, so you don't have a capture card nor do you think debug mod is a good idea. No Tv tuner either? Then how can you make halo 2 videos? That is what this tutorial is about. Sure everybody knows what the vidcap command does in yelo trainer, but because of the frameskip (a.k.a. 10 fps speed) it is hard to make videos without them going incredibly fast because trying to make a 10 fps vid go at 30 fps is lethal in speed, and keeping it at 10 fps makes it laggy.

What You Need:

-Cam Studio (google it)
-Yelo Trainer (indeed)
-Uber Screenshot Tool

Go into Xored trainer launcher.
Enable devmode.
Start the game.
Get into your map.
Here is the weird part. Lower the game speed (hold down <B> and <dpad left> ; measured in ticks/second; by defualt its 30 I think) until everything stops moving except for the camera. (0 ticks/sec)
Now after that hold down <B> and press <dpad right> about 5-7 times.
Now you notice the game is slow but is at least moving now. What the heck will this be used for? Easy, because of how often vidcap captures frames and how fast the game normally goes, your final result video after recording at this really low speed will be normal speed. (almost)
Now press <dpad left> and <white button>. Vidcap has started. Do what you want to record, act as if normal but just slower.
After done recording, reboot xbox and go into uber screenshot tool.
Download all the new pictures, and click on the top one.
Now in cam studio, set the region to fixed. A menu will pop up with width, etc. Click the "select" button. Outline the dotted line box attached to your cursor around the screenshot in uber screenshot tool's preview screen.
Press "ok" once the region is set.
Now click the record button.
Re-set the position of the region to around the screenshot preview (you'll see what I mean.)
Now in uberscreenshot tool, make sure the window is focused, now hold the <down> key on your keyboard so that it scrolls through the screenshots to look like a video. Once you scrolled through them all, click the stop button in camstudio to stop recording, then save your video.

Edit it in windows movie maker and add sound, etc. If it seems a little too fast I applied the "slow down - half" windows movie maker effect to it and it looks fine. It gets kinda choppy or jerky at times, but hey! It's better than nothing. :)

cheers.
-Adolif
http://adomods.tk
I like pie.
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

You should provide an example.