Fixing Gun Hold Positions

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo 2.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Fixing Gun Hold Positions

Post by kibito87 »

.:Fixing Gun Hold Positions:.

Tools Needed:
Entity 1.3 Beta or later
MP map
Latest Bipd tag from HERE

*Guide*

*This tutorial assumes you already have your Biped in the MP map.* Also note, this was intended for the whole community but a single user specifically asked for help with this so, here! :P

Opening the correct tag
1. Open up your map in Entity. Scroll down to the Bipeds tag that you would like to edit. (bipd) I transfered a Marine that retains the ODST permutation to my map to edit. This biped was taken from 05a_deltaapproach.map (Doesn't matter what biped you use, they all have the stringid's for hands referenced.
2. Click the biped tag once to highlight it and that will bring up the reference editor for the biped. (highlighted in YELLOW)
3. We dont' want to use the reference editor though. (highlighted in RED) What we really need is Entity's Meta editor so after clicking the biped once, let's head to the right side. There is a Tools dropdown menu. (highlighted in GREEN is what we need to click).

*Don't worry about how the reference editor looks in this picture. This is an old plugin... The one you downloaded is featured where it needs to be and doesn't disrupt the content featured in this tutorial.*

Finding the reflexive to edit.
4. At the top of the middle window there is another dropdown box labeled tools. Make sure you are clicking on the middle Tools menu. NOT the Tools menu that we just clicked on!
5. We are now presented with four options... Choose the "Show..." option.

6. Once this window opens. There is an option in the bottom left side of the window that says "Show Invisibles". (highlighted in GREEN) Check that box and hit the "OK" button.

7. Now all we need to do is scroll down through the meta editor till we find this: (highlighted in GREEN)

*Notice* where the scroll bar is. (highlighted in RED). It's about halfway to the bottom.

Editing the StringID's. Also known and displayed here as "SID"

8. Make your biped's SID's look exactly like the picture featured below this statement.

Finishing Project.
9. All you must do now is save what you have edited in the meta editor. (see above picture in blue #8 )
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

this just fixes jmad, right? or am i mistaken?

nice tutorial as well
Aumaan Anubis

Connoisseur Bloodhound Renovator

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

When I transferred a floodform from one map to another, and tried to play as it, when you pick up a gun, the gun is actually messed up and inside of the biped itself. This tutorial fixes that, so that the biped holds the weapon correctly, as Master Chief does.
At least, this is what I believe it does.
Tural wrote:MrMurder, we're going to hold you to that promise.
It is expected, and demanded.
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

A looong time ago I was messing around with the ODST in a mp map. And I noticed when I took a picture with Yelo that my biped was holding the sniper inwards. His elbow bent inwards so his hand was in his chest and the sniper barrel was extruding through his back. This fixes that so the biped will hold the weapon normally.

Edit* Anubis your beliefs are true. :P
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

now i need to figure out so biped fp models ... <_<
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Nice tutorial. Glad to see people are still interested in Halo 2.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
kibito87

Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

lol i'll be honest. I don't know how interested I am in Halo2 modding but there's a little something left in me that wants to keep going. These are just some contributions to other's that may have just gotten started and/or other's that want to try something else.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Yea I have a cuple apps I want to get out. So im gunna finish them for the people who really want them.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.