(halo 1) Pelican in MP

Tutorials for the Xbox version of Halo.
mdmoberly017_hm

(halo 1) Pelican in MP

Post by mdmoberly017_hm »

First off, I looked everywhere for a correct tut that worked; getting tired of looking and not finding I decided to poke around with it myself. Heres what I got..:

1. Open up a10 in HHT (or any map with the pelican)

2. Scroll down to the [vehi] tag and click on "vehicles\pelican\pelican".

3. Go to the Meta Functons box and select "Recursive", then Save Meta.
(Your gonna wanna save this into a project file)

When you do this some of the files don't extract, so we'll have to go in and do it manualy. (Before saving the following meta make sure your not saving it Recursive and to save to a place you can find latter.)

4. Find the [garb] tab and click on "forerunner light structure". Save meta.

5. Find the [ligh] tab and click on "pelican explosion_core". Save meta.

6. Find the [sgla] tab and click on"pelican_glass". Save meta.

Once done, close the map.

7. Open the map you are modding

8. Click on Tools -Add Tag

This is the part where it gets fun. Your going to have to remember which tags you've already added. I find it easier to start at the bottom because thats where the .meta files are. Don't forget to go into every file; the files that state the tag after the file name you don't have to botter with. (example: pelican[mode])

Once you have finished adding all the tags:

9. Open a new window of HHT

10. Open the map you extracted the pelican files from.

In the window that your modding now add the taggs that you extracted manualy. (If you've already done so thats fine.)

11. On BOTH windows of HHT go down to the [vhic] tag.

12. Select vehicles\pelican\pelican

13. Use the a10 window (origional SP map) as a reference to make sure everything is as is. (example: change "mode-Unknown Dependency" to "mode-vehicles\pelican\pelican")

14. Do the same thing for the following tags:
[coll]
[effe]
[garb]
[lens]
[ligh]
[lsnd]
[mode]
[part]
[pctl]
[schi]
[sgla]
[snd!]

15. Compress, FTP..

If you open this map in Spark Edit (Which I love with a flamming passion..!) the model for the pelican will be the last in the list; if you go to add the pelican on the map (durka durka) don't forget to import tag into scenario.

Oh, the pelican may not be operatonal depending on:
don't know yet. Still working out the buggs. Maybe someone could play with it and see?

Also, I found the only way I see the pelican is if I swap all the Dependencys in the vehicle\ghost\ghost to the pelicans.