Fallout 3

Discuss whatever you want about video games and gaming in general. Be nice though.. fanboys will get a swift kick in the nuts.
[cc]z@nd!

Literarian 500

Fallout 3

Post by [cc]z@nd! »

fallout 3 topic. discussion of storyline, quests, backstory, tactics, things you love/hate, etc. anything fallout 3 related in here. obviously, there's bound to be spoilers in here. you were warned.

i'll start:

at first, i was expecting the game to feel remarkably like oblivion, which would've killed it for me. with the time i wasted on oblivion, i wouldn't have been able to stomach much fallout 3. thankfully, i was pleasantly surprised. from the very beginning, i was impressed. character creation was impressive, and creatively done. not only does it make more sense to go through important parts of your childhood to create your character and get a feel of things, but it introduces you to the storyline very well, and helps immerse you into your character and the world. just in the first 30 minutes playing the game i was impressed.

one thing i didn't like too much when i just left the vault was the scarcity of ammo. there were times when i found myself fleeing conflicts because i simply didn't have any bullets, but maybe that's my fault for dicking around in the wasteland instead of heading straight to megaton.

in the interest of brevity, i'll just highlight some of the major things i did/didn't like here, instead of droning on and on about the game:

immersion is pretty good. maybe moreso the environmental radiation and world than stuff like sound, but good nonetheless. It's a good thing when you can find interesting locations just exploring that have a history to them. not only do the locations tell the tale of a nuclear war, but they also betray the turmoil experienced by humanity shortly afterwards. hacking into terminals and reading their logs gives some great backstory, and when you run across corrupted data, it helps reinforce the feeling that the only equipment available is from before the war over 200 years ago.

as far as weapons go, i suppose they're decent. i do like how multiple weapons use ammunition of the same caliber, but i wish there was more diversity in the guns available. however, when you're using whatever was able to survive 200 years, it does make sense that only the more durable weapons made it. bringing us to the repair system, it's good and bad. it is pretty logical that you repair one weapon with another, but i wish you could also use scrap metal or other building materials. at least you can always have a vendor fix it.

alright, enough of me talking. what do you guys think about it? do you even have it? PC or a console version?
ASPARTAME: in your diet soda and artificial sweeteners. also, it's obviously completely safe. it's not like it will cause tumors or anything. >.>
always remember: guilty until proven innocent