HP Computers

Off topic chat. Basically anything that doesn't concern halo or halo modding can go here.
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

HP Computers

Post by Leiukemia »

As I said at Halopc.net:
Well, in August I bought an HP Pavillion Dv5000 laptop. Over the last few months It's been running like junk. I did virus scan after scan, and couldn't find a virus (as I though it was). Just recently, about 2 weeks ago, it failed the hpp test (When you press f10 at startup and it goes to bluescreen). And I was like, hmm that's not good. Then it really started to screw up. It took actually 10 minutes to load windows xp (I'm not exagerating), and when it did the little windows chime when the desktop comes up it was really glitchy and slow. The mouse moved like a laggy game in halo, and without even running anything. I checked all my processes through google, and nothing was awry. So I was like, WTF?!?!? I did the HP healthscan on the internet, and guess what I got. IMINANT HARDRIVE FAILURE, BACK UP ALL FILES. Oshi. So I took it to best buy where I bought it. They're going to mirror my hardrive and replace it. All I have to say is, I'm disappointed in you HP, my hardrive lasted like 4 months then died. I don't recommend HP to anyone.
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

The Hard-Drive is NOT made by HP....
...left for good
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

Still, they shouldn't be buying shabby half-assed hardware to put in their machines.
dos mes

Post by dos mes »

I guarantee the hdd is actually quality. It's probably just shitty hardware within your computer. When you start filling up your hdd that's how your computer's going to run. If I were you, I'd have just reformatted and started over...
gh0570fchurch

Snitch!

Post by gh0570fchurch »

If you don't have anything entirely too important, you could wipe the HDD. I know it's a pain in the ass, but it will solve the problem.
Dr.Cox wrote:gh0570fchurch has a mexi-stash. =D
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

I don't think it could be filled up with crap, because I don't have enough programs for it to be screwed. I have 2 games, battlefield and halo, I have 3ds max and photoshop, some pictures, and all the regular programs already installed when you buy it. So I'm pretty sure it wasn't my fault. Also, since I paid like 300$ for the warrenty, I might as well just get a new hardrive instead of going through and redoing it. It's only in the shop for 3 days, and I don't have to do any work on it.

Edit: Oh and I have my antivirus/antispam of course. Etrust.
dos mes

Post by dos mes »

How big's your hdd. And mind listing some specs of the comp?
UntoldLegendxx

Post by UntoldLegendxx »

Hmm thats wierd i've had an HP desktop for one year and it hasn't slowed down that much and i'm running on 512 ram with intergrated graphic card so thats strange.
Lt Slap a ho is t3h coolest sig maker ever!! Thanks!
VoYdE

Location: On Vacation From The Loads Of Bull*hit That Goes On Here

Post by VoYdE »

I have had nothing but HP's from the first computer I ever got till the one I'm on now.

NEVER had a problem!
The last laptop I had, I broke on purpose so I could get a new one haha. It was out of date (really out of date) so I put it down. Dont worry I did it the Humane way.
I made this 100% by myself, Everything from the background, to the location of the tags, Get yours http://customgamercards.com
Darco

Conceptionist

Post by Darco »

throw it against a wall?
=[
FleetAdmiralBacon

Critic Pyre Articulatist 500

Post by FleetAdmiralBacon »

I've had no problems from any of my HPs either.
2 Pocket PCs and all my desktops have been Compaqs and HPs.

Dont worry I did it the Humane way.
And that would be?
Everything you'll ever need to know about me.
Need help with Linux, C#, C, Python, Java, PHP, Javascript, CSS, or VB? I'm available from 3:00PM-8:00PM EST on weekdays.
Grunt Rebel

Post by Grunt Rebel »

I have a HP laptop, and i use it as though it was my desktop. Its great IMO.