Visual Studio 2010, C# 4.0, and .NET Framework 4.0

Off topic chat. Basically anything that doesn't concern halo or halo modding can go here.
Eaton

Enthraller

Visual Studio 2010, C# 4.0, and .NET Framework 4.0

Post by Eaton »

I can't wait for this. Has anyone tried the CTP? I've been thinking of using it instead of 2008.

More information: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/p ... fault.mspx
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

Wow, already? 2008 just came out... I didn't expect them to throw another version out this early.

So, what are we working with here? What are the major changes?

They said that "technology will not get in the way" this time. Does that mean it will just be faster?

Also, release date?
kornman00

ONI New Age

Re: Visual Studio 2010, C# 4.0, and .NET Framework 4.0

Post by kornman00 »

Well, its been almost two years since the release of 08. They also have C++0x or w/e its called underway which isn't just a new cup of ice cream with sprinkles but more like a pool full of rocky road ice cream with hot fudge and banana slices, plus a stripper on top (a cherry just doesn't cut it). Plus there is Windows 7. Then there is parallel development. If you think about it, its no different than a video game sequel's time span, plus development is constantly on the rise with new technologies, ideas, architecure, etc.

I'm just waiting for the final release along with when the TP tools I use start targetting the 2010 environment. TBH tho, I've only since migrated one solution I have from 05 to 08. I probably won't make use of 2010 until the actual year or '11.
Eaton

Enthraller

Re:

Post by Eaton »

DrXThirst wrote:Wow, already? 2008 just came out... I didn't expect them to throw another version out this early.

So, what are we working with here? What are the major changes?

They said that "technology will not get in the way" this time. Does that mean it will just be faster?

Also, release date?
There is no set date. The first betas haven't even come out. I would expect it to come out the same time as Windows 7 and Office 14. So perhaps late 2009 to early 2010.