Cryophobia

Have an idea for a project, but need to assemble a team? Here is the place to do it.
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

Hmm. I'm loving some of this work. Keep it up!
EchoRanger449

Articulatist 250

Post by EchoRanger449 »

Well I felt bad about using so many "foreign" tags- so I decided to create my own version of the energy sword. It's not as good as Doc Octavius', but it lunges (plus I made the secondary fire a "h2 arbiter-like camo")

Edit: I got tiamat's c4 in (easiest one so far).
I'll never forget the horrified screams of the elites and jackals...and elites...as I sent about 20 to their doom in 5 seconds of blissful,for me at least, horrifying agony.

One thing's for sure- the c4 will be a starter weapon for the level.
Last edited by EchoRanger449 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

Oh goody!

Nobody's sword has ever been perfect. Just do your beest with it and people will be satisfied.
EchoRanger449

Articulatist 250

Post by EchoRanger449 »

Yes, the sword "slash" effect has 4 different damage effects- I think it's at .2,.4,.6, and .8 second delays. still it's a little screwy, but if I had time (which I don't) I could probably fine-tune it more.

This mod will be completed by January 4th, be it all goals reached or not. I need someone to come forward who has talent with making bsp (level) skins. Credit will be given, of course. I'm trying to get as much done as possible and I will not be able to bring this mod as far without the help of a professional skinner.

Please reply!

P.S. Right now I'm testing the tags in PC before I convert it, so PC'ers can play the progress I have so far (I have more tags ready, but I've only successfully merged 4 so far).

I'll post a download link for it shortly.
>>>Link provided
Note: I did a quick "meta swap" with these tags. Also, the spelican will be adjusted later...as well as the collision model for the jackal shield (so it shields you, not shielded BY you), the c4 will be a weapon that is counted as a weapon (it can be swapped with another weapon).

Also, to anyone who downloads this test, please be courteous and don't start ripping until a month after the mod is released. Thanks.
Darkness202

Post by Darkness202 »

doing great echo keep up the good work
EDIT: ima try skinning the binoculars for ya
EchoRanger449

Articulatist 250

Post by EchoRanger449 »

Thanks!

I've noticed that importing the original energy sword back into the game is causing corruption with the covenant animation triggers.

If this is true, and it's not the energy sword animation I created, I'll just rebuild the map without it and swap it back in afterwards. Nonetheless, no matter how it goes- that energy sword animation (and effects) took way too long to throw away, so they're going in one way or another.

I'm using CE to adjust the wphi's for the weapons so that all weapons without zoom will have "nightvision binoculars/goggles/whatever"

If I can...I'll try to spend a little time creating an animation for the fuel rod's reload. If I have time though. Darkness202, if you have time after the binoculars, I'd also appreciate it if you could make a fuel rod gun zoom mask (halo 2 or 3).
Darkness202

Post by Darkness202 »

kk no prob echo
EchoRanger449

Articulatist 250

***Project Canceled***

Post by EchoRanger449 »

Due to the deadline on January 4th, I can no longer continue working on this mod. Progress ended while working on the scenario file in sapien.

There were exception errors in several areas with the (campaign) scenario file, but I can identify all the causes for the ones I found.

I know how to fix the scenario tag as well. So anyone who would like to script a campaign file is welcome to use this to test. If someone would like to pickup where I left off, I'd be more than glad to give you all the materials.

I also have the testing file for campaign (which is in CE map format). I have all the converted CE> PC weapons and vehicles. I have the textures and sounds that go with (some of ) them.

I'll have the downloads up as soon as possible.
>>>sorry for the delay- I had some other things I had to get done first.

cryophobia (multiplayer) psd files

reticles_references-jackal shield tag permissions credits (for multiplayer)-and ai follow script (chat with malolo)

CE test map

CE FILES:

Fireghost (for campaign)

Cryophobia 's scenario and script files for campaign

PC FILES:

Spelican tags

jackal shield tags
Doc Octavius' Energy Sword. For use if you plan to finish this mod. Do not use in your own mod without Doc Octavius' permission.

My version of the energy sword

my version of the energy sword

another shot of it...

C4 charge from coldsnap

PC/CE:
Programs I used to convert CE tags to PC.

TRIAL FILES:

rebuilt ui

*Please note that though the Spelican does not have a cargo seat, it does have a cargo marker.
Just add the seat in guerilla- make the marker "cargo" and the seat name "cargo". So, if you're going to use the Spelican that I converted, you'll need to go into guerilla, make that seat, then convert it to PC, extract the spelican files, then replace the .vehicle meta (of the spelican included in this download) with the new one.
You might think that you're better off just doing the whole conversion yourself, but you'll need to fix a lot of other dependencies as well.

If you want to try some of this stuff out, you're always free to email me at [email protected]. I might not always be on AIM, but you can contact me on AIM or xfire: echoranger449
MSN: [email protected] (do not use this to email me)
Last edited by EchoRanger449 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Patrickh

Wordewatician 500

Post by Patrickh »

this tut teaches you how: http://halopc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2010

you might need to be a member, not sure though
conure says: or i could jsut incase my shoes in papar mache, followed by my dog
|||Lethargy||| Mr. Mohawk|||
|||feel free to contact me via PMs, AIM, MSNM, or Xfire if you have any questions|||
EchoRanger449

Articulatist 250

Post by EchoRanger449 »

What? I'm posting links to the files. I already know how to make complex scope huds. Thanks though.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

EchoRanger449 wrote:What? I'm posting links to the files. I already know how to make complex scope huds. Thanks though.
Theres not really complex. There all the same concept.
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

I'm finding all sorts of delights in the CE map. And I just paused to say I found an engineer flying around :D
EchoRanger449

Articulatist 250

Post by EchoRanger449 »

Did you see the cutscene?

Oh, did you make sure you killed over half of the sword elites (but not all of them)?

that may be how to get through without an exception error.

The cutscene had an issue with the music cancellation.

I knew that some players would want to kill every elite, some would just want to blast right through it.

So I created a stop for the music at two points- when you reach the "shafted" zone and when you killed all the elites.

Now there is a way (I believe) to end the music properly without exception errors.

1.) the music will stop at the current settings for the fight-
b30 starts as the sword elites spawn, the alt starts after over half are dead, the alt stops after over 75% are dead, and the b30 music stops after all are dead.

2.) The b30 music can also be triggered to stop using an if or then statement.
just go to here:

Code: Select all

(sleep_until (volume_test_objects shafta_unlocked (players )))
(set play_music_b30_05_alt false )
(set play_music_b30_05 false )

(if <boolean> <then> )
is what you need to do.

I just can't remember where to put the "if music true, then turn music off"

You want the alt to turn off first (because I saw that in its original context, b30 was turned on first, then the alt-- the alt was turned off, then b30). This is because the "play_music" is a script, not actually a direct command like "ai_go_to_vehicle" is.

So in summary, the if and then statement makes the action conditional, so that if the music is turned off, then the "turn off" script won't run more than once. Just remember that the "(sleep_until (volume_test_objects shafta_unlocked (players )))" script is kept- do not delete it as it triggers the "shafted" cinematic title.

Oh, there may be more hunters that spawn on legendary than there are hunters (down where you unlock the security door). That may be the cause of that exception error.

By the way, Invaderveex, did you find the dead spartan at the end, the one with 3 dead elites around him, a c4 charge, shotgun, (and I think a fuel rod or flamethrower?). There is a "fire ghost" in the room where the invisibility normally is.

I thought of putting in a few easter eggs in this part of the map...just for fun.
Last edited by EchoRanger449 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

I like the ghost, it's a cool idea. You carried it out well.

I like the sword as well, nice job on it.
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

Nah, I had to get off to do homework, I'm starting CE back up now.
EchoRanger449

Articulatist 250

Post by EchoRanger449 »

My energy sword animation files

This is only for people who have experience with creating first-person weapon animations.[/url]

Oh by the way, I found this in the b30 scenario script. It may help solve that exception error problem (it's not the right music, but it has the idea)-

(script dormant music_b30_01
(sleep_until play_music_b30_01 1 )
(print "levels\b30\music\b30_01" )
(sound_looping_start "levels\b30\music\b30_01" none 1 )
(sleep_until (or play_music_b30_01_alt (not play_music_b30_01 ))1 global_delay_music )
(if play_music_b30_01_alt (begin (sound_looping_set_alternate "levels\b30\music\b30_01" true )
(sleep_until (not play_music_b30_01 )1 global_delay_music )(set play_music_b30_01_alt false )))
(set play_music_b30_01 false )(sound_looping_stop "levels\b30\music\b30_01" ))
Remember that music is a script, one that is set at the beginning to be "false". Other scripts can make it "true" or "false" again.

>>>I have learned more about the "security room locked door"

According to the way the scenario is set up, you can either activate the security door before or after you visit the "silent cartographer building".

I used a "sleep until" command to halt the script for the security panel room until the player enters the room...I probably need to use a "lock door" when the hunters spawn.

I don't know... I was just afraid the hunters might somehow spawn without the player in the room. That would wreck the whole mission.

Also...I got through the entire level. To get by that exception error, I didn't go to the silent cartographer building first...I just went straight to the security panel building. I also turned off the music via game settings during the "ambush" cutscene. Of course, in the final version, if anyone ever chooses to accept this challenge, the music exception error won't be a problem.

So here are a few scenes from my in-game test (after I came back from the security panel room).

Lol...he didn't give up without a fight- it would be better if I tinted their armor to look like "spec-ops"

c4...good against large groups

I sure hope this project doesn't die here...it came so far.