Modding question

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
nason

Modding question

Post by nason »

Hello everyone, I'm new to modding halo 2 and would like to know how you change the jackals on a campaign map to a SEPERATE team, NOT yours. So that the elites and grunts will fight them, but they wont be on your team. What do you do? (I'm using Dot Halo) :?:
Twinreaper

Literarian 50

Re: Modding question

Post by Twinreaper »

You would change that under the [Bipd] tag. You will see a reflexive for "default team". You can change them between human, sentinel, flood, heretic covenant and new covenant. Oh I forgot player and none also!
WOW! Three years here, and I still haven't released any of my mods :oops:
nason

Post by nason »

Ok, I went under Jackal in "bipd" and then I went to the window that says "Dependencies/LoneIDs/Reflexives" Clicked Reflexives and all that was there was "Reflexive1" through "Reflexive12" with a bunch of random #'s after it... where's the "default team"?
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

nason wrote:Ok, I went under Jackal in "bipd" and then I went to the window that says "Dependencies/LoneIDs/Reflexives" Clicked Reflexives and all that was there was "Reflexive1" through "Reflexive12" with a bunch of random #'s after it... where's the "default team"?
Its in the tag editor...
nason

Post by nason »

Are there new plugins for dothalo, Or do I have an old version, because in the tag editor I don't see anything that says default team. The only things I see are ...

(remember this is for jackal, under "bipd")
---Main---
Flags: Unknown 1 (checked off)

Flashlight (1st person): On, Off (niether are checked off)

Flashlight (3rd person): On, Off (niether are checked off)

Item pickup distance (0.0001) :0.4
Throw distance: 0
Jump height: 2.1
Vehicle exit distance: 0.18
Biped wieght (0.0001): 75
Flying on impact/explosion?: 1.5
Aggressiveness: 1.22173
Standing height: 0.6
Crouching height: 0.3
Position change speed: -2.950216E+26

--Flying--
Unknown2, Flying2???, Unknown4, Flying1???, Unknown3 (All unchecked)

45=(flying)1: 0
1=(flying)2: 0
5=(flying)3: 0
45=(flying)4: 0
4=(flying)5: 0
3.5=(flying)6: 0
90=(flying)7: 0
90=(flying)8: 0
45=(flying)9: 0
90=(flying)10: 0
1=(flying)11: 0

If there are new plugins send me a hyperlink... :)
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

Don't use DotHalo. Use Entity with Xzodia's plugins.
nason

Post by nason »

Oh Thanks!
nason

Post by nason »

Ok, new question... I figured out how to have infinate ammo for all the human weapons, but how do you give a plasma rifle or plasma pistal infinate ammo? Also, what about grenades? How do you get infinate grenades?
bloompyle

Post by bloompyle »

nason wrote:Ok, new question... I figured out how to have infinate ammo for all the human weapons, but how do you give a plasma rifle or plasma pistal infinate ammo? Also, what about grenades? How do you get infinate grenades?
Well, an easy way is to use trainers :)
nason

Post by nason »

bloompyle wrote:Well, an easy way is to use trainers :)
trainers? c'mon! there's got to be a flag or something that can give you infinite grenades or plasma rifle energy!
Last edited by nason on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
TroyMac1ure

Post by TroyMac1ure »

Haven't figured out a way for infinite grenades, but I have changed the number able to be held to 16 and made the grenade respawns 1 second on foundation. This works extremely well. Changed the grenade properties so that there is no explosion damage, faster throw speeds and huge impact damage. So, you either have to stick them or hit them with a grenade to kill them. lol
nason

Post by nason »

ok... if no one is going to give me a straight answer, I'm assuming that no one knows how? OR they are just to lazy to explain it...
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

So another question I have, how do you make it so you lung across the map with the sword? I can make it so the aquire distance is really far, but if they're too far away, all you do when you press R is swing up like you lunged at them, but you don't go anywhere! Can anyone answer this one?
Twinreaper

Literarian 50

Post by Twinreaper »

nason wrote:ok... if no one is going to give me a straight answer, I'm assuming that no one knows how? OR they are just to lazy to explain it...
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

So another question I have, how do you make it so you lung across the map with the sword? I can make it so the aquire distance is really far, but if they're too far away, all you do when you press R is swing up like you lunged at them, but you don't go anywhere! Can anyone answer this one?
With that kind of attitude, you will surely not get a proper response! Try using the search feature....it helps a lot!
WOW! Three years here, and I still haven't released any of my mods :oops:
nason

Post by nason »

nason wrote:they are just to lazy to explain it...
by this, I didn't mean to offend anyone. All I was saying is that they probably just weren't looking to help people... They were probably busy doing something else. I apoligize if I offended anyone :(
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

nason wrote:but how do you give a plasma rifle or plasma pistal infinate ammo?
Select the energy weapon and open it in the meta editor. Scroll down to the Projectiles/Barrels reflexive. Move toward the bottom just above the Firing Effects reflexive.
There is a value named "Age per Round" or something of that sort. Make it 0 for the energy weapons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nason wrote:Also, what about grenades?
I found a way. Am writing up the post.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

For the infinite grenades:

1) Go to the [effe] taglist, select the bottom tag named "sound\weapons\plasma_grenade\throwgren" and duplicate it.

2) Now, while still in the [effe] tag list, select the effects\objects\vehicles\warthog\tires_destroyed tag and open the chunk cloner.
While in the chunk cloner, select the chunk shown below and select "Copy to Clipboard".

3) Now go down to your new effect tag which should be "sound\weapons\plasma_grenade\throwgren (1)" and open the chunk cloner.
Select the reflexive shown below and select "Add to Selected Reflex/Chunk" then "Add Meta to Map".

4) Now while still in that tag, show Idents. You will see two Idents, one referencing a sound tag, and another pointing to a warthog tire tag. Change the tire Ident to [eqip]-objects\weapons\grenade\plasma_grenade\plasma_grenade.

5) Repeat steps 1-4 but with step 1 involving the [effe]-sound\weapons\frag_grenade\frag_throw tag.

6) Go to the globals tag in the [matg] tag list and show Idents. You will find two Idents named "Throwing Effect [0]" and "Throwing Effect [1]".
Change "Throwing Effect [0]" to "sound\weapons\frag_grenade\frag_throw (1)" and "Throwing Effect [1]" to "sound\weapons\plasma_grenade\throwgren (1)".

The only downside I've found is that you won't have an infinite supply until you aquire the initial grenades.
For example, on Zanzibar. You start with frags, you have infinite frags because you started with them but you cannot use infinite stickies until you pickup your first sticky grenade.
Only then will you have infinite stickies.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
nason

Post by nason »

Where's the chunk cloner? nevermind, Thanks so much!
Last edited by nason on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

nason wrote:Where's the chunk cloner?
Right click the Reference Viewer, Clone Chunk.
nason

Post by nason »

THAT'S SO STUPID! Once I change a map... test it... and change it again it doesn't work anymore! Does this happen to everyone or just me?
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

nason wrote:THAT'S SO STUPID! Once I change a map... test it... and change it again it doesn't work anymore! Does this happen to everyone or just me?
DS made a detailed tutorial for you. Be grateful for his time. Try it again because it does work.