Carbine Projectile Origin

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
GnaM

Carbine Projectile Origin

Post by GnaM »

I got sick of watching brute shot grenades shoot out of players' faces in 3rd person view, so I went in Entity and checked "Projectiles Use Weapon Origin". After some tinkering with the crosshair a bit to get it re-aligned, it works great and the shot actually comes out of the gun. I liked it so much, I did the same thing for every weapon in the game.

However, for some reason, the Carbine seems to continue shooting out of your face even after using the 'weapon origin' option. I'm guessing the weapon origin was set incorrectly on the model, or something. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this? Thanks!
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Re: Carbine Projectile Origin

Post by DemonicSandwich »

I am guessing you did this to chunk 0 of the projectile reflexive. Problem is is that the trigger uses chunk 1, not 0.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
GnaM

Re: Carbine Projectile Origin

Post by GnaM »

Aha! I should have thought of that since I was just scrutinizing the 2 triggers the other day trying to figure out what was causing the Carbine to randomly fire twice in one go (I nulled trigger 0 and it still didn't stop it from doing that).

Thanks and sorry for asking a stupid question.