Sword Lunge Mod - Need Help!

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
xgamer

Sword Lunge Mod - Need Help!

Post by xgamer »

I've been having trouble with this ever since I started modding Halo 2, and I have noticed many people have also been struggling with this.

I want to modify the sword lunge so that I can lunge across the map at someone. Adjusting the Target Acquire Distance is not enough, it only allows you to have a red reticule when aiming at someone from the distance you set. It merely increases your actual lunge distance, but not enough reach great distances.

Does anyone know how to get this to properly work? I've tried using the tag [!jpt], but was unsuccessful.

Thanks!
mr_penguin

Re: Sword Lunge Mod - Need Help!

Post by mr_penguin »

This will never work if you have any updates installed (1.1 to 1.5). I think you only need to change the required target distance.
Your mom became oversized. Please make your mom smaller before reposting. :shock:
Infern0 wrote:You just shave the excess bush and burn the leftovers.
gjsdeath

Post by gjsdeath »

I believe there is a "lunge" value in the sword's weapon tag.
xXFeRcHoXx

Post by xXFeRcHoXx »

gjsdeath wrote:I believe there is a "lunge" value in the sword's weapon tag.
No there isn't.

The only thing you have to change is "Acquire Target Distance".
However, it will not work if you have any updates installed, how someone said just one post above.
Then you should delete the updates, or use Yelo.

If you still wanna have the new maps, then use the "Mainmenu All-New-Maps Patch (DLC)". Just look around over Downloads section.