Map Request

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
blade22222222

Map Request

Post by blade22222222 »

I was wondering if anybody can give me a patch for a midship with water added. I would do it myself but H2 core keeps giving me errors even though I know I'm doing everything right.
Thank You
xXFeRcHoXx

Post by xXFeRcHoXx »

Tural wrote: We teach modding, we don't do it for you.
If H2Core stills freezing and/or not working on you PC, you also can use Detox's BSP Water Tool.

grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Entity has a worse success rate then H2Core.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

I've already agreed to do this for him when I get my PC back together.
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

grimdoomer wrote:Entity has a worse success rate then H2Core.
What's less than 0%? :lol:

Entity works well in some ways....it actually finishes the conversion while H2Core craps out and all of the original tags are intact. None of that missing FP models or sounds bullshit.
It's success rate is still far greater than H2Core.

Downside however is that the map might have a few freezing spots and will still have all the old tags from the original sbsp like bitmaps and sounds.
You also can only convert a small handful of sbsps.

H2Core works well (if at all) because you can convert nearly any sbsp and you won't have all those extra tags and raw that the old sbsp used.

Downside is that it's performance hungry and it's failure rate is several times greater than it's success rate.
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
xXFeRcHoXx

Post by xXFeRcHoXx »

Well said, Demonic.
I can has limitless potential?
blade22222222

Post by blade22222222 »

xXFeRcHoXx wrote:
Tural wrote: We teach modding, we don't do it for you.
If H2Core stills freezing and/or not working on you PC, you also can use Detox's BSP Water Tool.
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

basically you open the map in Detox's tool hit the button then add the water static shader and the other file ( i forgot which one ) then resign, oh in Detox's tool you also set the lvl so you add how much or how little water there is in map. and he has a tutorial with the tool its not that difficult my 2002 comp handles all the tools very well.
Join Halo 2.5, Can't stop never stop modding halo 2 http://www.halo25.co.nr/
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

newbymodder wrote:basically you open the map in Detox's tool hit the button then add the water static shader and the other file ( i forgot which one ) then resign, oh in Detox's tool you also set the lvl so you add how much or how little water there is in map. and he has a tutorial with the tool its not that difficult my 2002 comp handles all the tools very well.
That tool is improper. H2 Core is much more efficient. I believe you have to move all of the spawns back to where they were after using that tool and that could take hours.
xXFeRcHoXx

Post by xXFeRcHoXx »

Eaton wrote:
newbymodder wrote: -
That tool is improper. H2 Core is much more efficient. I believe you have to move all of the spawns back to where they were after using that tool and that could take hours.
I'm pretty sure he said that his laptop can't handle H2Core.
H2Core takes 10-30 minutes (Depending ofcurse how many RAM you have), while Entity takes less than 1 minute, or maybe 5.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

xXFeRcHoXx wrote:
Eaton wrote:
newbymodder wrote: -
I'm pretty sure he said that his laptop can't handle H2Core.
H2Core takes 10-30 minutes (Depending ofcurse how many RAM you have), while Entity takes less than 1 minute, or maybe 5.
It actually wasn't his laptop. I encountered the same error he got when he tried to rebuild. Midship is just one of those maps that H2 Core doesn't like.
xXFeRcHoXx

Post by xXFeRcHoXx »

Eaton wrote:Midship is just one of those maps that H2 Core doesn't like.
Lol.