Please help me with 5 things. Still need help...PLEASE!

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
Metroid9824

Please help me with 5 things. Still need help...PLEASE!

Post by Metroid9824 »

What I am trying to do is remove the invisible barriers on turf, but not have to redo the entire map. Also how do I use the Yelo trainer on new maps on xbconnect. I transfered over the modded mainmenu maps so I can go to turf, but other xbc users cant load it. Last thing. I made a modded turf so when I drive the scorpion the scarab moves with it. But in XBC the scarab is holographic. how do I make it look like the scarabs legs are moving? How do I fix all of these problems. I am trying to perfect my map.
Last edited by Metroid9824 on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rockymods

Wordewatician 500

Re: I need help with 3 things.

Post by Rockymods »

Metroid9824 wrote:What I am trying to do is remove the invisible barriers on turf, but not have to redo the entire map. Also how do I use the Yelo trainer on new maps on xbconnect. I transfered over the modded mainmenu maps so I can go to turf, but other xbc users cant load it. Last thing. I made a modded turf so when I drive the scorpion the scarab moves with it. But in XBC the scarab is holographic. How do I fix all of these problems. I am trying to perfect my map.
The others don't load it because you are loading yours for the maps folder. They load theirs for the tdata folder.
Metroid9824

Post by Metroid9824 »

I figured. Is there anyway to mod the mainmenu.map file to load the new maps in the TDATA folder?
CaptainPoopface

Artisan Advisor Literarian 250

Post by CaptainPoopface »

To get rid of the invisible barriers without restarting your mod, get the patch for turf here, apply it to a clean turf, then extract the collision.obj for that turf, then inject it into your modded turf.
newbymodder

Blacksmith Articulatist 500

Post by newbymodder »

Metroid9824 wrote:I figured. Is there anyway to mod the mainmenu.map file to load the new maps in the TDATA folder?
Let me rephrase this, don't put it in your maps folder under halo 2 put it in its original place where you got it from
Join Halo 2.5, Can't stop never stop modding halo 2 http://www.halo25.co.nr/
Metroid9824

Post by Metroid9824 »

Which collision do I extract theres a bunch of them. Where do I put the mainmenu? I put it in the E:\games\Halo 2\Maps. Where is it supposed to go? Whats the original place?

EDIT: Nvm, BSP Master I take it.
Metroid9824

Post by Metroid9824 »

Ok, when I injected the OBJ this happened:\
The invisible barriers were gone, but I couldn't see the ground or anything.

EDIT: Ok, nvm, I just patched my modded map regularly and it didn't change any of my mods. So I got the invisible barriers removed. :-)

What about the main menu problem, and the Scarab problem.
LostWithin

Post by LostWithin »

The scarab is most likely corrupt bitmaps or non-System Link Compatable.
Click my sig and register or get in my belly!
New clan and new leadership.
Metroid9824

Post by Metroid9824 »

How do I fix the problem with other System Link users not loading the map.
Metroid9824

Post by Metroid9824 »

Ok, I have another question. How do I make the scarabs legs move when I move it with my scorpion?