H2Core\H2G Help Topic and Map Repository *Updated 04-03-07*

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
MilyardoX2

Wordewatician 500

Post by MilyardoX2 »

ya wut map did u take the new bsp from? mine was space station
DemonicSandwich

Advisor Connoisseur

Post by DemonicSandwich »

08b_deltacontrol (Great Journey)
So I think the bipd problems do depend on what character you play as in SP.
With my rebuild, all I have to do is drag the FP models and jmads over and reference them then it'll probably work. :?
AIM wrote:Demonic5andwich (6:10:10 PM): structure of a first person weapon animation:
Demonic5andwich (6:10:43 PM): mess, mess, maybe a node?, another header?! wtf!, more mess, tacos, more shit
MilyardoX2

Wordewatician 500

Post by MilyardoX2 »

my map has the FP models and bipd already so should I drag them over in insolence or entity? and where should they be referanced. also are you guessing or did this work for you?
neodos
Readers Club

Artisan Miner

Post by neodos »

Hello, i have a problem when i convert any sp sbsp for mp, the sounds are stranges, not corruped, i think it's something like when you are outside the map the souds get distorted, it could be that, if we take beavercreek as base map, the sbsp of beavercreek is not located at the sames coords than the sp map(looking on entity bsp viwer) so it would be like we were outisde the map on the sbsp converted, so myabe that is the problem with the sounds getting distorted?

I tried nulling out SFX tags, but nothing, any suggestion?

Thanks.
MilyardoX2

Wordewatician 500

Post by MilyardoX2 »

um....... the cords have nothing to do with it because when u follow the tutorial u rebuild the map with the new cords and sounds all right there, all you need to do is fix the spawns. what bsp are you using?
neodos
Readers Club

Artisan Miner

Post by neodos »

I am using beavercreek as base and i converted successful, old_mombasas (the first bsp) and the first sbsp of delta_proach and in both i have the same problem.

Per exmaple while i drive the warthog i can't hear the motor or the wheels turning so nothing just when i hit a wall i hear something, and sometimes i can hear, when i turn the camera, so yes i think it's a problem with the 3d sounds effects or something like that.
MilyardoX2

Wordewatician 500

Post by MilyardoX2 »

um not sure, but I'm now just getting the error where my bipd freezes when I die
GM_Battleman021

Post by GM_Battleman021 »

Hmm Nice program, I got a quick queston sence your doing the bsp conversion what would be needed to add weather to the map? Like snowing on deltatowers or newmombasa.. that would be awsome..
JesseCuster

Artisan Articulatist 250

Post by JesseCuster »

Hmm Nice program, I got a quick queston sence your doing the bsp conversion what would be needed to add weather to the map? Like snowing on deltatowers or newmombasa.. that would be awsome..
take a look at page 1..there is a little tut for this.. :wink:

Noone there who knows whats wrong , when i get this error :

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

this is what i get when i decompile recursivly the bsp 3 from deltatowers....
the same for last bsp from spacestation...

introduction and tutorial working great..
GM_Battleman021

I got an idea.. use the bsp conversion and it loads and everything then you save all the Bsps in entity(R,P) then loadthe bsps in detox app for weather an then just build it into gemini, wouldnt that work?
-Battleman021-
-Admin Of Gangsta Modz-
MilyardoX2

Wordewatician 500

Post by MilyardoX2 »

or reading the first page would work
Q: How do I add weather to a map without weather already on it?
A: By following these simple steps:

1. Open the map with the weather
2. Find the sbsp with the weather and decompile recursively.
3. Decompile the map you want to add to.
4. Open H2G and find the sbsp the weather came from.
5. Copy weather palette chunk
6. Open sbsp without weather
7. Find the weather palette chunk - hit new then insert and then delete the 2nd chunk.
8. Find the clusters(visual clusters) and in each chunk is an index to the weather palette set to -1. since we only have 1 chunk in our palette. we would reference 0.
neodos
Readers Club

Artisan Miner

Post by neodos »

Hey! a friend gave me an idea, convert the map using gemini as base, because it's a big sbsp so the sound expands everywhere i have to gice it a try i will tell if the sound works corretly then :wink:
GM_Battleman021

This sounds alot easier
GM_Battleman021 wrote:I got an idea.. use the bsp conversion and it loads and everything then you save all the Bsps in entity(R,P) then loadthe bsps in detox app for weather an then just build it into gemini, wouldnt that work?
Last edited by GM_Battleman021 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Battleman021-
-Admin Of Gangsta Modz-
MilyardoX2

Wordewatician 500

Post by MilyardoX2 »

GM_Battleman021 wrote:This sounds alot easier
GM_Battleman021 wrote:I got an idea.. use the bsp conversion and it loads and everything then you save all the Bsps in entity(R,P) then loadthe bsps in detox app for weather an then just build it into gemini.
how will that work............ u swap the bsp location to an other bsp file.... so u change the size say from size 1000 to 5000, then u want to add weather so 5100 then inject into gemini which is only 2000.(numbers completey off and made up but you get the point) if the bsp never fit into gemini before then why would it fit coming from a differant level with snow added?
GM_Battleman021

so negitive and i asked would it work btw..
-Battleman021-
-Admin Of Gangsta Modz-
MilyardoX2

Wordewatician 500

Post by MilyardoX2 »

I'm not being negitave, all I'm saying is wut seems to make sense. you can try it if you want, please proove me wrong then I'll learn sumthing but to me it just does make sense. it just seems like the easy way out of doing it the correct way(in the first post) and the easy way always comes back to hurt you later.
halo0001

Post by halo0001 »

ok plz help me if possible these are the problems im haveing
1.elite no fp modle
2.some corrupted bitms(can fix manually though)
3.when i press start the top and last buttons have no text
4.freezes like after 10 seconds give and take
MilyardoX2

Wordewatician 500

Post by MilyardoX2 »

halo0001 wrote:ok plz help me if possible these are the problems im haveing
1.elite no fp modle
2.some corrupted bitms(can fix manually though)
3.when i press start the top and last buttons have no text
4.freezes like after 10 seconds give and take
1 finish map then inject everything edited into a clean map with only the new bsp
2 you anwsered ur self
3 what else did u edit besides the bsp
4 could be a faulty BSP if that is the only thing u did then don't use that BSP. Also check that you have clean maps
Spammy

Revivalist Coagulator Articulatist 500

Post by Spammy »

Elites have no FP models because sometimes for some inexplicable reason(to me anyway)H2Core doesn't always transfer all the jmads...although I haven't had any problem with the fixed version.

My question isn't so much related to the app as it is to BSP conversions in general. How do you set the Special Spawns properly. I've always had this problem(fiddled for like 2 weeks with my last BSP conversion to get it to work right) Am I just stupid or how do you get it to work.....
Anthony

Translator Connoisseur New Age ONI

Post by Anthony »

GM_Battleman021 wrote:Hmm Nice program, I got a quick queston sence your doing the bsp conversion what would be needed to add weather to the map? Like snowing on deltatowers or newmombasa.. that would be awsome..
you really need to learn to read the topics before you just ask a question. that was the point of this topic. Post questions and answers in teh main post so people can see and dont have to ask them again..

please read next time