Making objects smaller

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
gmsteuart

Making objects smaller

Post by gmsteuart »

I was wondering how do i make an object smaller in size, such the zanzibar gate. Using random numbers for example how do i make it where itstead of it being 11x8 but make it 5.5x4?
WaywornMmmmm

Coroner

Post by WaywornMmmmm »

Edit the modle. It will still have the same collision. Also, you examples are only 2 dimensional. The gate its three dementions.
gmsteuart

Post by gmsteuart »

sorry about the dimensions but at least you got the point and thanks for the help
WaywornMmmmm

Coroner

Post by WaywornMmmmm »

No problem.
gmsteuart

Post by gmsteuart »

i went to the model tag adn everything but where do i go to chang ethe dimensions and stuff, could you give a short tut?
diamondman

Post by diamondman »

I believe he means extract the model and edit it, as I have never seen any values in the model tag for changing size. What you do is use a program like Entity/ADI/Darkmatter and extract the models into .obj or .x format and edit in a program like 3ds MAX or Blender, or even milkshape
a mammoth

Droplet

Post by a mammoth »

in entity, goto your mode tag and then on other plugins there should be a model resizer and resize to your liking!
My real name is a Mammoth, if someone who cares sees this, please change my name to a Mammoth
gmsteuart

Post by gmsteuart »

k thanks. the entity way worked but now it wont load the map in the bsp veiwer
a mammoth

Droplet

Post by a mammoth »

in what version, entity beta 2.1.1 is very glicthcy with the BSP use 2.0.0.
My real name is a Mammoth, if someone who cares sees this, please change my name to a Mammoth
gmsteuart

Post by gmsteuart »

im not goin to worry about it right now, i had stuff i wanted into the map and i dont want to mess with it really, so i just erased the map, but i still have that version on my xbox which im glad. it just got gay, so i am goin to wait till next entity version comes out to mod my maps, because i had some sweet stuff. Plus its pretty much my first mod.
xxANTMANxx

Post by xxANTMANxx »

hmm it sounds like your trying to make a mod like mine ;) With gates on foundation and they block the rooms? and you have a switch to open them? :lol:
gmsteuart

Post by gmsteuart »

oh great, i guess kind of. I wanted to do all rooms but i thought i try one and see how it works. But then i thought why not one gate and this gate has a FRG behind it or something powerful! But the problem with the full rod gun is that it adds like 6mgs to the map, unless im wrong?