new maps dont work online

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
feerlessleadr

new maps dont work online

Post by feerlessleadr »

it really sucks that i have to keep posting about these new maps but im still haivng trouble. I can play the new maps with 3 other people on my xbox but whenever i try and play on xbc it says that you failed to load the map. i am not using the maps from the tdata folder and i deleted all of the stuff from $C so that it doesent give me the error message with lockout. i dont know what the problem is so any help would be good.
deadlokIV

Post by deadlokIV »

Make sure the maps use the original file names, don't rename them at all.
Iv'e tried and this worked (but i did however use the Halo2 launcher and AU at the same time).
Signature exceeded 3 lines of text.
feerlessleadr

Post by feerlessleadr »

now my lockout does not work online.....

i was having this problem a few days ago and aequitas told me to delete the contents of the folder tdata\4d530064 where bungie installs the new maps. this fixed my problem but a day later whenever i try to play the new maps online they dont work and now just a few hours after discovering my new maps dont work online my lockout stops working online. there has to be some kind of connection because this is exactly what happened to me before. is there another folder in the tdata that might need to be deleted???

someone please help because now i cant play online with my friends and it really sucks alot....
deadlokIV

Post by deadlokIV »

yea, to fix that i DEFINATELY got the halo2 launcher, that stopped one of the .xbe's from loading the patch.
See, in one of the tdata\4........64\ folder, there is a patch.lvl that is trying to patch lockout. If you delete the actual AU gamesave in the dash, and lockout will work again. (clear the x,y,z cache too)
feerlessleadr

Post by feerlessleadr »

like i said in my other post i deleted all of the contents of that folder including the patch.lvl.

because i deleted all of this i cannot install the launcher because there is nothing in that folder. plus i necer insalled the update that bungie released.

what is the AU gamesave??
deadlokIV

Post by deadlokIV »

You can play those additional maps by copying them to the maps folder.
The AU is the Autoupdate gamesave.
When i say delete it, i mean go into the actual xbox dash or similar and rid yourself of the gamesave entirely.
Add those maps onto your mainmenu.map and re install lockout.
Make sure you delete the contents of the X, Y AND Z drives on the xbox...to clear the cache.
Hope this will help your situation.
feerlessleadr

Post by feerlessleadr »

ok i got lockout to work online again but still the new maps do not work online. do i have to have the update to play against people online with the new maps?