Cant figure it out! Making nonmodder mods

Discuss Halo 2 modding, progress on figuring things out, mapfiles...you know the drill. Cheating discussion not allowed.
AJ88xA8

Cant figure it out! Making nonmodder mods

Post by AJ88xA8 »

Please can someone help me with making my friend (doesn't have a modded xbox) be able to use my mods that i make. We play with XBC 5.1 and I am the only one that is able to use the mods. He can just view them. The Weapons ar all screwed up 2. So If anyone could point me in the right direction please do so! :-)
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Many mods will not work properly through System-Link. The only way to fix that is to give the client the modded map.
Last edited by NotZachary82 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJ88xA8

Post by AJ88xA8 »

u sure its the only way cuz i already downloaded a map that was said to be for nonmodders and he could use them. they were the same as mine but just 'fixed' so he could see them
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

The mod needs to be along the premise of working for client side xbox's. So you need to make or find mods, that are compatible. Entity has a fix system link button that tends to take care of it for you. I know there are one or two tutorials that explain what can be used, viewed, or tinkered with that work for both client and host.
SpecOp44

Advisor Recreator Snitch! Critic

Post by SpecOp44 »

Only certain things will work for non-modders. If you inject something that's not usually in the map, others without that map cannot see it, since they have the retail version.
ogrish

Articulatist 100

Post by ogrish »

These things work if done right.

Projectile swaps. weapon model swaps. edited powerups. flying warthogs.
And any object spawned by fireing a weapon. Example: (Swap any weapons projectile to vehicle.) Duplicate and use the rocket for custom models.
You cant just make your opponant jump high, but you can make his melae bounce him high by increasing its force. Duplicate edit and use sentinal beam projectile for projectiles to be seen by clients.
And use airlifts as projectiles to reach tops of buildings, this works best in headlong. What ever way you shoot, an airlift will spawn pushing you in the opposite direction. I use plasma pistol, shoot down then jump, keep shooting to go higher, and airlifts stay were you spawn em.