My Last Stand Download Topic Deleted? Why?

General discussion of Halo2 including tricks, tips, and anything else related. Cheating discussion is not allowed.
Cragsterboy

My Last Stand Download Topic Deleted? Why?

Post by Cragsterboy »

Ok i posted a topic in the downloads forum yesterday night (for me) and i woke up today and found it has gone?

I was just wondering what has happened to this topic and why it was deleted, im guessing its because someone has said it is from another website, that other website might of been our former website, www.snow-makers.com(url Does not exist) but if you need evidence that these maps are from my team i can provide you the original topic from our staff room on my forums, this topic was created on the 'Mar 14 2006, 03:40 PM' according to the topic creation date and it was created by ruder the guy who made the 3ds max maps.

Also heres some evidence these are our maps,

http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.ph ... 1437893254

Sorry if this breaks rules in someway but i was really annoyed to find my topic deleted, when i was offering the halomods community some thing different

Thanks,

Cragsterboy
CanadianPanda

Post by CanadianPanda »

I was also a member on their forums and it came as great surprise after seeing that all this information was valid as to why his post was deleted.
many people wanted these maps and I beleive that these are realy their maps. made by ruder.
Last edited by CanadianPanda on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJ_Gnomey

Connoisseur

Post by DJ_Gnomey »

Cragster just notified me of this. What are people making a big deal about? We released these privately at first for just team members. I was just joining the team when this happened. We ended up not having enough knowledge to implement them in game and sort of abandoned it for a while. Then when I hear Cragster post it, everyone rants about it being stolen, and I am left here saying wtf?

Keep it deleted if you wish, but the map structures were made and rendered by Ruder. He hasn't been in touch much but we know he's around.He was a part of the team and a good guy. If you would all like to take a huge 'dump' per-say, then do so at your own discretion as you are soiling your's and his reputation in our views.
DarkShallFall

Artisan Recreator Trickster Connoisseur
Advisor Pyre Renovator Sigma
Snitch! Enthraller New Age Miner

Post by DarkShallFall »

I posted. Smashing your models and saying they are ripped from halo 2 and I provided proof. It was then deleted for posting the models illegally...
Iron_Forge wrote:I assume I won?..I should get an emblem...
CanadianPanda

Post by CanadianPanda »

Can we see some proof now? seeing as it was deleted i see nothing to acknowledge this. so please not to flame at you but please post this proof.
Cragsterboy

Post by Cragsterboy »

CanadianPanda wrote:Can we see some proof now? seeing as it was deleted i see nothing to acknowledge this. so please not to flame at you but please post this proof.
took the words right out of my ummmm Keyboard?
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Coagulation bases removed and where replaced by planes:

Waterworks mesh combined with Coagaulation mesh:
Cragsterboy

Post by Cragsterboy »

in my opinion they look like you've just taken screenshots of the files i posted yesterday.
CanadianPanda

Post by CanadianPanda »

I cant really say i see to much of a resemblance between the 2....
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Cragsterboy wrote:in my opinion they look like you've just taken screenshots of the files i posted yesterday.
Pictures of proof that show the models are ripped and combined. You can obviously see in that water one its half the regret bsp some machine models and the statue from headlong.

Also I know my stuff very well, don't patronize me. When I tell you it is then it is. I'm not going to try to get you in trouble when i don't know you...
Last edited by DarkShallFall on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

print the vertices cordinates of this map and the real coag, if a lot match and i mean a lot then its copyed, if not then it isent.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

grimdoomer wrote:print the vertices cordinates of this map and the real coag, if a lot match and i mean a lot then its copyed, if not then it isent.
The guy could have easyly moved the model an inch in a view port and the coordinates world be different.

Also..How could people not see that there the same when you can see the cliff side in the mesh.
Last edited by DarkShallFall on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CanadianPanda

Post by CanadianPanda »

ill admit i see little things that look slightly the same but whos to say its not redone like that ... it is possible to make an almost perfect half remake of a model. that is not a crime . as long as it is not the true ripped model in my opinion.

Good point grimdoomer

So technically we cant prove its ripped and without proof of it being ripped this should not have been deleted for a crime you cant prove.
Cragsterboy

Post by Cragsterboy »

Argon wrote:
grimdoomer wrote:print the vertices cordinates of this map and the real coag, if a lot match and i mean a lot then its copyed, if not then it isent.
The guy could have easyly moved the model an inch in a view port and the coordinates world be different.
Also..How could people not see that there the same when you can see the cliff side in the mesh.
Or Ruder could of just made the maps from scratch, he made these models in 2005 there was no major bsp extracting program around then that didnt work well

But anyway i try to defend this guys work and offer something different for modders to have a look at and see what they can do with it. But hey when you offer something different in the h2 modding world somebody is always negative, maybe this is why h2 modding died so fast? a new people's work always gettin flammed? :(
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

If it where custom there wouldnt be holes where the bases where, and if the person who clames to have made the model could model that good then dont you think they would have welded the verts to seal the holes and seal the caves..
No one is flaming there just enforcing rules...
JacksonCougAr

Recreator

Post by JacksonCougAr »

It is ripped; I could tell that from the images. Its true they where edited and has extra things added to them but the actual models where not created from scratch.

Simply put, people don't make models like some of the ones featured unless they where looking for a way to use already existent models.
DJ_Gnomey

Connoisseur

Post by DJ_Gnomey »

MAJOR BSP EXTRACTIONS DID NOT WORK PROPERLY IN 2005!&@^%!@&%&!@^

[/rant]

Guys, I have known Ruder, he isn't the kind of person to rip right from Halo 2. It does seem similar but who says he didn't take the idea and add on from that? The Waterwork's base was a good idea, it was just a little unprotected, still a good use for a mod, or possibly a reprise for a new map!
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

how about someone imports bolth meshes this one and the real beaver creek and see if they match up
Aumaan Anubis

Connoisseur Bloodhound Renovator

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

grimdoomer wrote:how about someone imports bolth meshes this one and the real beaver creek and see if they match up
I think you mean coagulation? Beaver Creek hasn't even been mentioned in this thread.
Tural wrote:MrMurder, we're going to hold you to that promise.
It is expected, and demanded.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

woops, I have other things on my mind.