Making a Map Pack

General discussion of Halo2 including tricks, tips, and anything else related. Cheating discussion is not allowed.
AFuzySquirrel

Wordewatician 250

Making a Map Pack

Post by AFuzySquirrel »

Well hey guys.. ive been gone for a while... but so have many of us.

i should have put this in project recruitment, but no body ever goes there.

so im making a mappack called Halo Unleashed. It will have a new main menu with all the text re-arraged. essentially the HALO logo will be in the center and the text will revolve around it. the main menu will also have a new bsp wil flood AI versus Covenant AI fighting. each AI squad will contain 5 characters and will spawn with AI zones out of a door.

The hard part is that if i mod the main menu so extensivley then the maps will not work... so i will have to internalize everything that the mainmenu gives maps... or add all new raw to the end of the file.. which noboy will tell me how to do XD

So this is were i figure i need more than one person to do this. so i either going to make a team called Team Aurora, or if another modding team would be willing to help just let me know.

All maps will NOT be user created... unless that user has talked to me or somone else helping in the project... the reason behind this is that i dont want maps that are simmilar to other maps. or maps that suck completely (no-offense) i want every map to be original and enjoyable.

All the maps will use a SP BSP or a BSP made out of machines. Only one of each BSP will be used. MP BSP's will be used but again only once... and only if the map is completely different than the orriginal.

Themes will only be used once I.E. Forest/Rainy can only be used once but Metal/Rainy can still be used as a map.

This is going to be my final contribute to Halo 2 as i am moving on to Halo 3 afterwards. Hopefully we can do things in Halo 3 at that time.

if you want to help just msg me, and if you a team tha would like to participate msg me to.

Fuzzy
[Setting BIPD Variations][url=httphttp://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?search_id=442547533&t=67770][Alumina BETA][/url]