Tuning up AI Zones tutorial... your thoughts???

General discussion of Halo2 including tricks, tips, and anything else related. Cheating discussion is not allowed.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Tuning up AI Zones tutorial... your thoughts???

Post by grimdoomer »

As you all know I have release an AI Zones in MP tutorial, and I have done a half-assed job on puting it all together. So starting tomaro I will be adding Anything I can to it including how to get the cooridinates with entity's BSP viewer, a modidfid version to hopefully include the Zone in the BSPviewer. If there is anything you would like me to add, change, simplify please let me know. I would also like to hear you thoughts on what can and cant be done what you would like to see in futur AI Zone mods and any improvments. So please post you thoughts on anything to do with AI Zone's including the tutorial here.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
L0d3x

Articulatist 250

Post by L0d3x »

Well my dream for an ai zones mod would definitely use scripted vehicles. I'd try it myself but I hardly have any time to do stuff like that. But I know you haven't got it working yet, though it still would be neat.

For the rest the tutorial actually looked pretty decent already. Greatly detailed pictures and stuff, what more could you want?
mr_penguin

Post by mr_penguin »

I would like to know how to get ai to constantly move from zone to zone and how to make them walk around objects instead of walking into them.

For the tut all I need to know is why would I put unknown 16 in unknown 11 if their two different offsets of the map.

I would give you a mod idea but I want it to be my mod so no ideas at the time.
Your mom became oversized. Please make your mom smaller before reposting. :shock:
Infern0 wrote:You just shave the excess bush and burn the leftovers.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Unlown 16 is AI pathfinding information. This contains all the information about map geometry so they dont walk into walls. Unkown 11 is AI triggers, this is located in the BSP. in some plugins for H2Guerilla it is not labled cause it to be unkown 11. This is located in the scenario not the BSP.

About the scripted vehicles I have working scripts i just dont have a computer that doesent take 5 hours to compile a map AND compiles it correctly. Im gunna get some new ram for christmas or if someone would like to compile a map........
mr_penguin wrote:I would like to know how to get ai to constantly move from zone to zone and how to make them walk around objects instead of walking into them.
im not sure if you know what exactly Zones are. a Zone is a part of the map set by coordinates that tells the AI to perfom a set action in that zone. When you add Unkown 16 wich is AI Pathfiniding in the BSP they will know where all the objects are on the map. So in the zone you they can move around and NOT run into objects on the map. If you relly want them to move any where on the map then set the raduis of the Zone to 1000 or just add more zones with a raduis of 500, If i get the time ill finish Entity with AI Zones in the bsp viwer so all you have to do is set the raduis.
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

Why don't you update the plugin so they no longer say unknown on the values that we know...?
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

cus those values are still unkown.
L0d3x

Articulatist 250

Post by L0d3x »

Erm how do you know the scripts work if you can't test them? :?
Are you referring to the scripts I PM'd you a while back? Or do you have other goodies? And I was willing to compile your map, but you never sent the required stuff...

The offer is still open though, it's your call.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Sure I kinda forgot about that after i found out some very upsetting stuff but any way I will try to rar up the files and pm them to you tonight hopefully. And i kinda do have some other goodies just no time to test them nor do I have to finish them. Right nor im working on 3 maps entity AI Zones in bsp viewer, my own app, some other little programe things very small, an app for my friend, and an app for halo 3. Yes i know its way to much and not worth to be making all this stuff, but lets just say i would like to help in the Halo 3 modding almost done, I have put my app on hold, so now im down to the 3 maps and something special im cooking up.
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

grimdoomer wrote:Unlown 16 is AI pathfinding information
grimdoomer wrote:Unkown 11 is AI triggers
grimdoomer wrote:When you add Unkown 16 wich is AI Pathfiniding in the BSP
grimdoomer wrote:cus those values are still unkown.
So you know the values, but they're still unknown??
Also if you want help on your program, supermodder and I might be able to help you out, idk if he wants to or not, but i think he'd be up to it.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

wich one lol. any way wich values might you be talkin about the AI squads flag box cus i was very tired when i did that so i might have not noticed the unkowns but the rest are correct im sure of it. if you have AIM hit me up could use a lot if help right now.
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

if i rememer correctly those are hardcoded into core/guerilla nubs =P
C Wizzle
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Updated the AI Zones tutorial and im working on the AI capture the flag vehicle customization and how to make a pelican you bitch!!!
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

In your tutorial, don't make it say unknown 16 or unknown 352 ect, if you already have that, update the values in the plugin or the program if they're hardcoded(you can program right), and release it, so that people know what you're talking about.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

there is no source for H2Core/H2Guerilla
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

not avaliable but it exists just ask around i know that anthony and poke both know it exists so just ask around for it.
C Wizzle
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

It used to be on halovicis, I'll send you the source if you want, I'm pretty sure I still have it.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

yea sure that would be greate
DirtJumper

re

Post by DirtJumper »

ai zone in the bsp viewer? sounds complicated, im still trying to make a simple exe.

why did you add your AI finds to a scnr plugin that has barely anything mapped? I just add any mapped value to a plugin I got from entity 1.4.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

I dont exatly remeber where it came from but ill fix it soon.