windows

Discuss stuff related to HaloCE (for modding, go to the HEK General forum).
General_orca

windows

Post by General_orca »

how do you put windows in your vehicle? do you have to do it modeling, or when you add a bitmap to it? also, heh, how do you add a bitmap to it?
another thing how do you make a part move when you get in it i.e. coldsnap, transport hog how the door closes when you get in it.
Last edited by General_orca on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why is it that when you tell a person that there are 400 billion stars in the sky and he'll believe you, tell him a bench is wet and he has to touch it?
DEEhunter

Re: windows

Post by DEEhunter »

You would make a plane that defines were you wish your window to be. Then you can use a transparent bitmap with a nice cube map reflection to it. When making the bitmap be sure to check the little checkbox that says "Two-sided"

Deviantart | My City | Wmclan | Gamertag | [url=irc://irc.halomods.com/melon]#melon[/url]
General_orca

Re: windows

Post by General_orca »

sweet thanks a lot!thats what i was thinking but i wasn't sure what to use, one more question.....I'm using 3ds max 9 32-bit and I cant find anything transparent, so any help there would be nice.