Bitmap Creation Problem

Discuss stuff related to HaloCE (for modding, go to the HEK General forum).
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Bitmap Creation Problem

Post by kibito87 »

Ok, I'm really not sure why this error keeps occurring nor do I have any means to fix it. I've searched and searched but haven't seen a solution. I have made my bitmap exactly the same according to this tutorial... http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh ... hp?t=42940.

Now after i've created my .tif image, I go into tool.exe and try to compile just the single bitmap itself and it gives me this error each time.

!!WARNING!! failed to open TIFF: File does not exist.

Couldn't read map file "./toolbeta.map"

I've even used the GUI wrapper made by Kornman and it gives me the same error even when I put the exact location of the tiff into the browser box. Anybody gotten this before, and is there a fix for it?
willtheoct

Articulatist 50

Post by willtheoct »

when you have a problem, post your last entry of debug.txt and the error you get.

close any process that uses the file(could also be a zombie process, in which case restart your computer), make sure the file is in the right directory(in data\*directory you typed in tool*\models) and make sure its a tif format, not just file extension.

apart from that, i've got no ideas.
Legend of Halo
Legend of Halo forums(little to no content)

10012% of signature statistics are inaccurate. if you're one of the 746% with a real statistic, put this in your sig.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

willtheoct wrote:when you have a problem, post your last entry of debug.txt and the error you get.

close any process that uses the file(could also be a zombie process, in which case restart your computer), make sure the file is in the right directory(in data\*directory you typed in tool*\models) and make sure its a tif format, not just file extension.

apart from that, i've got no ideas.
Yeah, if you didn't know willtheoct, that error would be the debug.txt.