Help with .scenario tags EDIT: Resolved

Discuss stuff related to HaloCE (for modding, go to the HEK General forum).
gradinafrica

Help with .scenario tags EDIT: Resolved

Post by gradinafrica »

So I recently downloaded custom edition, and was looking to make a mod. Only problem was, when I finished changes and wanted to rebuild, I couldn't find the bloodgulch scenario tag! Where did it go?

I think it's hiding from me. :x

Except for VERY minor adjustments to the assault_rifle.weapon tag, my tags folder is freshly installed. Any help would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks

Gradinafrica
Last edited by gradinafrica on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smapla

Post by Smapla »

i also am missing these tags, so i fear they may be a seperate download somewhere =\
gradinafrica

Post by gradinafrica »

Smapla wrote:i also am missing these tags, so i fear they may be a seperate download somewhere =\
Yeah thats what I thought might be the case. If that is, can someone out there tell me how to get a copy of UNEDITED level scenario files? Or just email them as an attachment to: [email protected]
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to get these tags yourself somehow? I know nothing about CE though, so don't take my word for it.
For anybody still wondering where FTD has gone, here it is.
Smapla

Post by Smapla »

i can't find the models for these levels anywhere though, so we can't even use tool to make the scenario tags (i think?)
gradinafrica

Post by gradinafrica »

I think that there might be a way to get scenario tags by extracting the metadata of a level with HMT. I'll check this out ASAP

EDIT: Nope, that didnt work

EDIT2: Apparently you're supposed to use HEK+, so I'm downloading it now to try it out. In case you want to download HEK+, go here.
gradinafrica

Post by gradinafrica »

I finally found a working link to HEK+ 1.0.3.0! I'll upload the program. I've tested it, and it works great! I've already made bloodgulch CE so that the assault rifle can zoom :D

Click here to download.
gradinafrica

Post by gradinafrica »

Just a little closing comment. This thread is now irrelevant, as I have figured it all out. If you are viewing this page and find yourself in a similar predicament, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Also, if you have a question about starting Sapien, VERY basic tag editing, or BASIC usage of HEK+ 1.0.3.0, email me and I'll see what I can do.