Laser Sight for Halo CE/PC?

Discuss stuff related to HaloCE (for modding, go to the HEK General forum).
peta-182

Laser Sight for Halo CE/PC?

Post by peta-182 »

*EDIT*
Edited on Tuesday, January 29, 2008
A beta version is up for download at
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=74201

Well while I was playing Halo 3 using the Spartan Laser, I got an idea of putting in a laser sight into Halo CE. I tried to find a way to do it in Guerilla but I have no idea what to do. Is it possible to put a laser sight in place of the flashlight?
Last edited by peta-182 on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myspace|Youtube Profile
Philly wrote: :evil: Don't insult the plasma riflez. I like plasma rifles. Do you like plasma rifles?
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

Well to answer your question, yes it is possible. I don't have my tools handy ATM so I can't help you. If somebody else can before myself, then please go right ahead.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

I think you can make it out of the flashlight. The cheaper way would be making a stray vert.
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

Make a fucking long straight extrusion, give it some materials, an opaque shader and make sure the collision model doesn't include that laser sight. Try that, otherwise you would have to funk around with directional lights.
...left for good
peta-182

Post by peta-182 »

Yeah well to be honest with you I didn't understand any of that :?

Right now what i'm working on doing is making the Master Chief's flashlight come from the Assault Rifle instead of his shoulder and then i'll try working from there but even then I don't know how to do that

*EDIT*
Ahhhh I don't get it! Someone help me please :]
Myspace|Youtube Profile
Philly wrote: :evil: Don't insult the plasma riflez. I like plasma rifles. Do you like plasma rifles?
USweapon

Articulatist 100

Post by USweapon »

ive been working on this for a while but be4 i finished, i had to format my hard drive and install vista. some reason vista doesnt want to install CE. can you install halo CE on vista?

anyway, i have 2 theories on how to make the laser sight work.

one way is that u can find a way to change the flashlight into the sentinal beams contrail. then u can edit it however you want and try to make it thinner to it looks like an actuall laser sight.

the other way is making the gun shoot another projectile at a high ROF but make it infict no damage. then u can try to make the projectile be fired thought the flashlight button.

example: make the gun fire a sentinal beam as a secondary projectile. make the ROF 30, use no ammo, and change the damage to do absolutly nothing. make the secondary trigger set to the flashlight button.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

USweapon wrote:ive been working on this for a while but be4 i finished, i had to format my hard drive and install vista. some reason vista doesnt want to install CE. can you install halo CE on vista?

one way is that u can find a way to change the flashlight into the sentinal beams contrail. then u can edit it however you want and try to make it thinner to it looks like an actuall laser sight.

the other way is making the gun shoot another projectile at a high ROF but make it infict no damage. then u can try to make the projectile be fired thought the flashlight button.

example: make the gun fire a sentinal beam as a secondary projectile. make the ROF 30, use no ammo, and change the damage to do absolutly nothing. make the secondary trigger set to the flashlight button.
All halo modding things work on vista.
USweapon

Articulatist 100

Post by USweapon »

well i cant install Halo Ce. when i try the setup its gives me an error saying "Not a valid Win32 application"

edit: i think i figuered it out. its must of not finished downloading or something cause its only 15mb big. jsut gotta redownload...i hope
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

USweapon wrote:well i cant install Halo Ce. when i try the setup its gives me an error saying "Not a valid Win32 application"

edit: i think i figuered it out. its must of not finished downloading or something cause its only 15mb big. jsut gotta redownload...i hope
I heard the one on download.com was broken :P
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

Use a download manager....DownThemAll in Firefox...your connection timed out while downloading.
...left for good
USweapon

Articulatist 100

Post by USweapon »

i use to use DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) but it didnt raise my speeds at all (suppose to make downlaods 400% faster) and got rid of it. i like using the normal downloader anyway. i did use the download.com to get it since halomaps.org can only let u get 1 downlaod at a time. when i get time, ill redownlaod CE but right now im downlaoding a bunch of stuff that i lost when i got vista.

p.s. if u still need help on the laser, ill help u when i get CE again (probably tomarrow)
peta-182

Post by peta-182 »

USweapon wrote:ive been working on this for a while but be4 i finished, i had to format my hard drive and install vista. some reason vista doesnt want to install CE. can you install halo CE on vista?

Well right now I just made a second projectile for the assault rifle and made the projectile the beam rifle beam and i'm changing the beam's bitmap so that it's red but I don't know how to make it a secondary trigger
Myspace|Youtube Profile
super_man916

Post by super_man916 »

im not really in the CE business so to speak but i believe you make the secondary trigger by using kornman or something and you gotta make a new tag then import it correct me if im wrong but its like i said im not in the CE stuff too complicated for me
Bring it
peta-182

Post by peta-182 »

Okay, i've made a beta version but there's a couple things I still have to fix.

1. The laser is the beam rifle projectile but causes no damage but when the laser touches another person it causes them to bleed

2. It eventually runs out of ammo because I forgot how to make it infinite ammo

3. It only works by left clicking the mouse

4. When you use it, the screen moves upward like when you use the dual smg's (I built it off of those tags)

5. When you use the laser, it spreads everywhere. I only know how to make the spread 0 in HMT, not Guerilla.

Of course, when I make the next version i'll either make a whole new tag or build it off the assault rifle. But if anyone can help me out, then it would be greatly appreciated! And thanks to super_man for the kornman tip. And if anyone wants me to post the beta then just say so.
Last edited by peta-182 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Myspace|Youtube Profile
SuperSnorky

Post by SuperSnorky »

Make ammo 99999999?
Senor_Grunt

Mad Hatter

Post by Senor_Grunt »

peta-182 wrote:Okay, i've made a beta version but there's a couple things I still have to fix.

1. The laser is the beam rifle projectile but causes no damage but when the laser touches another person it causes them to bleed

4. When you use it, the screen moves upward like when you use the dual smg's (I built it off of those tags)

5. When you use the laser, it spreads everywhere. I only know how to make the spread 0 in HMT, not Guerilla.

1. You can bleed in Halo??!

Make ammo 99999999?
3. Cant help. :/

4. Build it off the AR.

5. Umm.
Kudos charts:
shadowkhas has: 15. DarkShallFall has: 70. ScottyGEE has: 60. Tural has: 25.
SuperSnorky

Post by SuperSnorky »

Senor_Grunt wrote:
peta-182 wrote:Okay, i've made a beta version but there's a couple things I still have to fix.

Make ammo 99999999?

4. Build it off the AR.

5. Umm.
Yes... You can bleed...
peta-182

Post by peta-182 »

I already made a newer version today. I have the time because i'm home sick from school. I fixed a couple bugs and all I need is for someone to help me with some bitmaps.

Thanks again in advance!(The pictures are thumbnails, btw)

The last picture's just for laughs XD
Myspace|Youtube Profile
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Senor_Grunt wrote:

Make ammo 99999999?

4. Build it off the AR.

5. Umm.
5. Should still be in guerilla. HMT is actually a limited version of guerilla.
peta-182

Post by peta-182 »

Cryticfarm wrote:
Senor_Grunt wrote:

Make ammo 99999999?

4. Build it off the AR.

5. Umm.
5. Should still be in guerilla. HMT is actually a limited version of guerilla.
I've fixed numbers 1, 2, 4, and 5 already. But even though, I can't find anything about spreading in guerilla.
Myspace|Youtube Profile