Sapien Problem

Discuss HaloCE modding with the HEK tools here. For help, go to the Help Desk forum above.
legoboy242

Post by legoboy242 »

i got an idea! go post in the right forums!!
i'm the new guy.
=SM=Caboose

Sapien Problem

Post by =SM=Caboose »

When I open my scenario in sapien nothing shows up. I ran radiosity corectly, but still nothing not even the sky, just a blue screen. And at the bottom of the game window it says "Could not teleport camera into starting BSP". How is this fixed?
Livens

Post by Livens »

Hi,

Did you make the correct reference to a sky with Guerilla in your .scenario file? The could cause your sky not to show up.

As for the level... Is it an outdoor or indoor level? If its indoor its hard to find the level in sapien because the outside of the level has no textures and just shows up as black. And without a sky its almost impossible to see it. You have to move your camera inside the level to see it.

If its outdoors then you most probobly have texture problems. Did you compile and create shaders for all your textures?

Good Luck.
=SM=Caboose

Post by =SM=Caboose »

Its outdoors and I did create the shaders and the sky in guerilla. I had also compiled an earlyer version of my map and that worked corectly, but now I get this even if I open up a previous seccesfull version in gmax export it, compile it, and open it in sapien.
Malf

Mad Hatter Snitch!

Post by Malf »

if you modified the map you will need to run and save radiosity again
=SM=Caboose

Post by =SM=Caboose »

Well I compiled it again, but this time I gave it a different name and created a new directory and it worked. I must of messed something up in sapien or guerilla.