question (s)

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
timme67

question (s)

Post by timme67 »

well im an old member of halo mods and recently got halo 1 for the pc and i remember halo 1 for the xbox had HCE (halo cache editor) was wondering if they had anything like that for halo pc?

and can any one link me or just list off what maps are what? since the map names are strange like a10.map and carousel.map if i could get a list of what each one is that would be great thanks :)

btw im just modding campaign for the hell of it just trying to get some easy simple mods

oh the good old days of hce on xbox connect (before modders were looked down upon) it started in halo 2 auto headshotting people and such :) spiderman was so amazing... sorry getting off topic but yea any help would be appreciated i notice alot of things are outdated and posts are lost so bee some trouble looking for some things

thanks again :)
xbox

Blacksmith

Re: question (s)

Post by xbox »

The campaign maps are in alpha order: a10 is the Pillar of Autumn, a30 is Halo, a50 is Truth and Reconciliation, etc.
Halo Map Tools [(HMT) tag/meta/bitm editor] is and Halo Hacker Tools [(HHT) dependency swapper] are the standard map editors, but I believe eschaton can replace the both of the, though I haven't had much experience with it.
And there has been, more recently, a real-time editor: Halo Memory Editor.

If you need any help get on the #Halomods-tech IRC or pm for my MSN.
timme67

Post by timme67 »

xbox wrote:The campaign maps are in alpha order: a10 is the Pillar of Autumn, a30 is Halo, a50 is Truth and Reconciliation, etc.
Halo Map Tools [(HMT) tag/meta/bitm editor] is and Halo Hacker Tools [(HHT) dependency swapper] are the standard map editors, but I believe eschaton can replace the both of the, though I haven't had much experience with it.
And there has been, more recently, a real-time editor: Halo Memory Editor.

If you need any help get on the #Halomods-tech IRC or pm for my MSN.
thanks hht is exactly what i used to use i feel so at home with it thanksa lot :)
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

HHT is more of a basic modding tool, to make new content or great mods you will need to use HMT or esch.
With HHT you can only swap around what is already in the game to begin with.
timme67

Post by timme67 »

xbox wrote:HHT is more of a basic modding tool, to make new content or great mods you will need to use HMT or esch.
With HHT you can only swap around what is already in the game to begin with.
exactly what i like to do :P im not planning on coming out with any spectacular mods or anything i just wanna have some fun playing campaign by my self :)
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

HHT can also extract and inject meta. It's very useful if you know how to use it. One of my favourite mods of all time was made mostly with it.
For anybody still wondering where FTD has gone, here it is.
wisemanofhyrule

Post by wisemanofhyrule »

this might not be possible but if you use hht on vista it dosebt work so if you are trying to mod on a vista use eschaton since hmt aslo glitches.

I'm not sure if hht doesn't work on vista snce I tried using it with halo trial.
Thanks Geo
http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=947940

Just to prove I can play halo 2 vista if not for intel's crappy graphics cards.
Manufacturer: Gateway
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 6132MB RAM
Hard Drive: 623 GB
Video Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub