Where the heck IS the Gearbox SDK?

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
[VC]CaptainValor

Droplet Wordewatician 250

Where the heck IS the Gearbox SDK?

Post by [VC]CaptainValor »

I've been crawling the web, trying to find some hint at a release date for the now infamous (almost mystical) Gearbox SDK. Nothing! Does anybody know if this thing is even for real?
Deadly_Shadow

Miner

Post by Deadly_Shadow »

Hmm... Try reading Gearbox forums and also, I believe no one knows when it will be out.
FormerCide

Post by FormerCide »

All I know for sure is it won't be out until AFTER 1.03 is.
Intel Inside My Foot
shadowbeast

Post by shadowbeast »

hey there it is!!!
:D ----->>
this forum has gone to hell
jimmsta

Post by jimmsta »

it's all a lie... gearbox just SAID they'd release an SDK to get you to buy their product... it's never coming out... officially, that is....
Icetiger

Post by Icetiger »

jimmsta wrote:it's all a lie... gearbox just SAID they'd release an SDK to get you to buy their product... it's never coming out... officially, that is....
I am actually inclined to believe you... and even if they do release it, by the time they do hacking halo pc will be easy (hopefully) and halo map tools can probably do all the the sdk can.
http://icetig.com
Go there for my halo creations and much more!
Rek

Post by Rek »

Well some games tend to take extremely long times. For example, Jedi Knight 2.

Anyway they're going to release it on December 25th.. Merry Christmas!!.. Just kidding, I made that up. :o
IWTPH2

Articulatist 500

Post by IWTPH2 »

Nah, they'll release it. I'm actualy a little glad that it hasnt been released yet, hopefully that means it wont have as many bugs when it comes out as it might have if it had been released already.
BlacGrunt55

Wordewatician 250

Post by BlacGrunt55 »

ok 1st of all, i dont like people that r so pessimistic about the sdk, becuz gearbox, even though not perfect has given u an option that u didnt have b4, becuz we had 2 choices A) no halo pc made, or B) bungie does it themselves and postpones halo2 even more

but i do think that gearbox could have released a public beta, so that we could get a feel 4 it and be able 2 use it sumwhat
O.o
o.O
O.O
o.o
:D
IWTPH2

Articulatist 500

Post by IWTPH2 »

Yeah, a beta would be nice, but I think I recall that on their forums they said sumthin about the fact that it wouldnt even work at all or hardly at all cause Halo wasnt made with the ability for new map creation so it wouldnt handle it well at all and they have to release patches for halo that they are still working on to get the program to work right.
BlacGrunt55

Wordewatician 250

Post by BlacGrunt55 »

yeah, thats what the 1.03 patch is gonna b 4, to make halo more easily affected by the sdk
O.o
o.O
O.O
o.o
:D
Lazer

Post by Lazer »

Why couldn't they just have made the files structure like Half-Life... Simple "models, maps, sprites, sounds, etc..." directories would be nice. Oh well.
cX.Lazer
shadowbeast

Post by shadowbeast »

i vote: who the hell cares!
we can probably do most of the stuff it does already with hex, meta, HMTs and Sparkedit. Only it will work every time.....and be a hell of a lot easier.... Ok wait my vote is now: i cant wait for a program that does more then what i already can do and it will always work. :wink: :wink:
this forum has gone to hell
FormerCide

Post by FormerCide »

I think jimmsta is joking. I sure hope he doesn't believe that, anyway...

And as for why it should matter? Two words: New Maps. That's all I care about, anyway. And this can't be done until the collision model and structure BSP data is cracked, and that may be a while. Of course, Gearbox doesn't have to crack it, so when the SDK comes out it'll be supported.
Intel Inside My Foot