Single player mods? BOTS???

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
Ravensbane

Single player mods? BOTS???

Post by Ravensbane »

First are there any single player mods without me having to edit stuff my self (im abit lazy :) and also would it be possible to get bots in game somehow as the ai for marines and covenant seems pretty good (they adapt to diff situations) the only prob i can see is getting marines to be able to drive vehicles.

Any ideas?
GosTBorD

Post by GosTBorD »

it would be a pretty hard to get a marine to drive a warthog or something like that cuz theyd be driving into walls n such... however ive seen the elites pilot banshees and ghosts. switching the driving data with the elite with a marine might work... but i have no freakin clue where the data is. i guess i will look into it sometime. and if i find u ill give ya a hollar.
DankButter

Post by DankButter »

your talking about a hella scripting, and honestly i dont even think bungie would do it. remember nov.15th was the two year anniversry, i was SOOOOOOOOOO wishing for a halo tournament type thing, but they didnt, so im 95% sure you'll never see a smart bot in halo1.
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

yes, you will, and its quite easy now.. u can make halo play single player games in a multiplayer section and swaop bsp's around so it a multiplayer map, swap around the models, vehicles everything like that with sparkedit and ur set :) and u can get marines and such to pilot the other vechiles with a little meta work, cause they already drive the ghosts
If your significance is that but significant then is there another with significance?
DankButter

Post by DankButter »

hook it up and send me the mod. id love to see marines and and elites fight in mp.
Ravensbane

Post by Ravensbane »

well its great that some ppl think it is possible.
with the mapping tools you could make some huge maps and have bf1942 style halo games going with bots taking up unfilled positions.
Only interested in all this as there are hardly any servers going for this great game and half of them arent any good for ppl like me with damn 56k.
poopchute

Post by poopchute »

uh.... i think that bungie did do a tournament for halo becuz i went to the site and there was tournament standings.
also, couldnt u just inject all of the bipeds and actor variants and all that sh** into BG and u wud have Marine and Covie battles.
but i am probably wrong becuz i am a nub.
woah..... when u put hte initials for marines and covies together u get MC......

coincidence?
Handshakes

Post by Handshakes »

Interesting stuff. Im gonna give it a look-see. If anybody has already done this give me a holler so I can save my time ;).
Why does it hurt when I pee?
Deadly_Shadow

Miner

Post by Deadly_Shadow »

Well... Theres a tutorial for that here. halo-mods.com But thats just for getting him to drive if he can't. I don't know if he will also ride it if he wants. You may ( probably ) have to switch data with something that drives on its own a warty.
BlacGrunt55

Wordewatician 250

Post by BlacGrunt55 »

u could try changin the warthog driver name from W-driver to G-driver, cuz they drive ghosts (dunno if itll work but hey, its worth a shot)

i cant stop quotin sarge johnson

"am i right marines?"
"sir yes sir!"
"uh huh d*** rite i am, now move it out. Double time go go go!"
O.o
o.O
O.O
o.o
:D
Deadly_Shadow

Miner

Post by Deadly_Shadow »

Then why don't you just put that in ur sig?