Form teams and ideas for a REAL mod here.

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
Totally_tonedef

Form teams and ideas for a REAL mod here.

Post by Totally_tonedef »

Everyone here is talking about modding and such, but they are talking about a map. I think that a "mod" is reserved for that which is a total moddification of the game it self. Like Counter-Strike is to Half-Life.

I understand that the resources to mod are not available at this time, but all the more time to create and pound out ideas and teams. I would like this thread to be a place where people can form teams and pass around ideas for a full mod. Let us use this time wisely...respectfully.
SirLuke

Location: On his ass. No, I mean all the time. Whether it's computer, TV, whatever, on his ass.

Post by SirLuke »

Do you mean like to plan and jump the SDK when it comes out?

Or try to do this crap now? 'Cause if you say the second one, I'm gonna have to call you an idiot. :lol:
But from the post I can see you're saying the first one, so what I want is a BF-type mod(classes, all the vehicles, etc) but there's a Halo mod for BF coming out(uh it's exactly what I want) so if you can get new ideas off of that, it's here. It's going to come out in like, a couple of days.

New conflict-type thing with MC( like a single player mod, you know?) would be real cool too, 'cause I really like the story of Halo as well. Matter O' fact, I made a fan-fic at the forums of the site I just gave you. Try the Fanfiction/Theories section( :roll: ). Anyway, try this kinda stuff out.
Signature exceeded 3 lines of text.
Totally_tonedef

yes...I meant the first one :-).

I have ideas just not the know how. So I figured that once a lot of people posted ideas and team needs I would pitch in...or if you are really interested drop me an e-mail. I have a feeling it could be an awsome mod, but I guess everyone says that. I would love to form a team that could help me lay everything out (code, models, features) everyone would have a say...everything.

I would kinda be the team leader, not to be concieted or anything, I just don't know how to do most of the stuff...but they could teach me....I love to learn that kind of stuff. By team leader I would just try to choreograph everyone and keep them on task and interested, not be a "boss" I am no better than them or anyhing....just so people know they don't have to answer to me or that I get the say all be all :-).
kaptainkommie

Wordewatician 500

Post by kaptainkommie »

I can't wait to get started making my mod. Once Bungie/M$ releases the SDK, a few of my friends and I are going to create a mod with some RPG characteristics (classes, NPCs, leveling, inventory(maybe)), more team-based strategy, and of course phat azz new vehicles and weapons to go with the change in gameplay. We haven't really worked out the details too well as of yet, but it looks promising.
SirLuke

Location: On his ass. No, I mean all the time. Whether it's computer, TV, whatever, on his ass.

Post by SirLuke »

Halo RPG.

Sounds... wierd. :?
Signature exceeded 3 lines of text.
BlacGrunt55

Wordewatician 250

Post by BlacGrunt55 »

[quote][/quote]
O.o
o.O
O.O
o.o
:D
BlacGrunt55

Wordewatician 250

Post by BlacGrunt55 »

oops
i meant
by sirluke

Halo RPG

Sounds... wierd. :?

Weird? sounds cool
O.o
o.O
O.O
o.o
:D
Totally_tonedef

Well this is not going to work if no one posts any ideas. Doesn't anyone here have an idea that they want to bring to life? This is the place come here and post it and ask for people with certain skills...you are bound to get somewhere.
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

ok.. ill make 1, make a racing game of halo.. one team trys to get to the finish, while the other trys to take em out.. :)

u use the original (or modded) vehicles in the game (but also like wraith, pelican, longsword, covie dropship..)

how do u like that?
If your significance is that but significant then is there another with significance?
Totally_tonedef

You mean a whole mod of just that? Or are you just talking about a map? If you made it it's own mod/game, not a map, then there could be any kind of vehicles and...well that could end up very cool if it is done right actually.
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

yeah.. i mean a mod, not a map.. like a whole new exe in another folder, with sum diff maps in there as well.. sum good city maps, sum jungle maps.. u name it.. :)
If your significance is that but significant then is there another with significance?
timotheus

Post by timotheus »

k heres a few ideas/things that should have mods

1. dragonballz.. i dont even like the show but if there was any way to get guys to fly and shoot blast instead of bullets that could be somethin

2. world war 2

3. star wars (of course)

4. mayb like mideaval with bow and arrows and catapults

5. counterstrike like

6. metriod... everyone has hand mounted guns that when u press change morphs to other weapons... u can press crouch to go into ball form... double jumps

7. cowboy mod

well there are a few ideas. i dont no much about moding so dont flame me if some are imposable
WaLKa

Post by WaLKa »

yeah star warz would pwn, ill get right to it
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

no.. u gotta do wild west.. get sum horses instead of vehicles.. that would be the best :) then u could race with horses, lol.. then make covie horses, lol
Icetiger

Post by Icetiger »

This has prob been mentioned before but, a huge human vs covenant war would be cool. With different classes for each side. That would be cool.
http://icetig.com
Go there for my halo creations and much more!
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

thats actually quite easy, and in fact i believe bungie meant for multiplayer to do it as u notice there is a biped, adn a biped multi, it would be easy to put a covie over the regular biped, and make one team spwn as the biped, and other as biped_mp... and then u could do it like that.. just a thought tho
WaLKa

Post by WaLKa »

Hivemind wrote:thats actually quite easy, and in fact i believe bungie meant for multiplayer to do it as u notice there is a biped, adn a biped multi, it would be easy to put a covie over the regular biped, and make one team spwn as the biped, and other as biped_mp... and then u could do it like that.. just a thought tho
i tried doing this no luck, heh oh and btw 100th post BOOOOOYEAH DUN DUN DUN DUN !!!!!!OMFGWTFZORX!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneeleven
Hivemind

Wordewatician 500

Post by Hivemind »

good for u, but it needs meta work
Handshakes

Post by Handshakes »

Counter-strike like sounds the best to me. Or we could stay in the Halo world and just expand upon the multiplayer that there already is and make it more team-like. Perhaps add the pelican for big team drops into enemy territory. Maybe add the soldier AI into the multiplayer and make a sort of Brute Force game out of Halo, I dono. If anybody really got some good ideas and talked about a worth playing mod I could lend my skills as a 3d modeler.
Why does it hurt when I pee?
timotheus

Post by timotheus »

guys like my ideas??????