How do i make messages appear by doing such things..........

Discuss general issues about modding HaloPC. Post ideas for mods here.
xgamer

How do i make messages appear by doing such things..........

Post by xgamer »

I want to be able to send a message to any person when they do a certain action in the game. Like when you hop in a warthog's seat, a message pops up.

I made a mod recently where i replaced a warthog's "warthog tag" with a "pelican tag" so that it could fly. It took me a while to learn how to control it to fly, but i got the hang of it. Now when i play it online, i have to tell each person who joins the game how to fly it. So instead of me telling them, i want a message to pop up in thier screen when they enter the warthog, telling them how to fly.

I want the message to be bold, like the message that pops up when you pickup a weapon: "press "E" to pickup up rocket launcher."

Can anyone tell me what program can do this, like C++ or Visual basic or anything? If yes, could you tell me what to do in that program to set these messages up, or post a link to a site that tells me how to do it?

Thank You! :D
ledhedgn

Post by ledhedgn »

only way to do that would be to make it in ce, with a script that checks if a player has entered the warthog, and then it displays text, then would have to be ported over to pc
what u could do is take something relatively flat, put it next to the warthogs, skin it so that its a sign that says how to fly it