Halo PC is demanding or sometin wrong wit my comp...

General discussion about Halo for the Xbox and PC.
x]StOrM[x

Halo PC is demanding or sometin wrong wit my comp...

Post by x]StOrM[x »

Is it just me or is Halo PC very demanding. Do you have to buy like a 600 bux video card just to play it on Max resolution or close to it. Here are the specs for my computer.
Pentium 4 3.00Ghz
Front Buss Speed 800Mhz
RAM 512(mabey i should add more..)
Video Card GeForce FX 5700 Ultra Assylum 128 Mb of memory
120 gig hard drive
Do you guys think that i need a better video card? Have I done something screwy with my comp? This is frustrating....I cant even play the single player at higher resolution that 800X600(or w/e it is) smoothly... :cry: :cry:

PLZ HELP ME!!!!! WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO MAKE HALO PC RUN BETTER?! :evil:
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

If you have normal ram that could cause some jerkyness. If it's DDR ram then I'm not sure.
Demonic Spartan

Post by Demonic Spartan »

I have all of those system specs almost right on the money except I have a Ati Radeon 9800 128MB Pro, cost $300. I could play on full res with my Nvidia too...I wonder what the problem is. HEY WAIT! I have a 50 gig hard drive! :(

Edit : Hey...wait a minute...resolution depends on what type of monitor you have...do you have flatscreen like me, or...?
HunterXI

Post by HunterXI »

no ur comp sounds fine...

maybe u have way too many background processess?

if so make a gaming account (make an account on ur computer and disable all background services (beside plug and play, universal plug and play, and windows installer (optional)) and active programs by going to start > run and typing 'msconfig' minus the quotes.

sry if that isnt coherent, but Im tired...
This post printed on 100% recycled electrons.
x]StOrM[x

Post by x]StOrM[x »

Demonic Spartan wrote:
Edit : Hey...wait a minute...resolution depends on what type of monitor you have...do you have flatscreen like me, or...?
And Yes...I have DDR RAM
Mabey ill try that HunterXI..but the only programs that I have running other than Halo is AOL(which i hate and cuss at everyday)
I have a 17" flat panel..but how would that effect my performence...
So dou you think i shoul get a smaller hard drive?