Why is BG so popular?

General discussion about Halo for the Xbox and PC.
funkydude9

Why is BG so popular?

Post by funkydude9 »

Seems like it's everyones favorite level. When I play online (retail) over half the servers are playing on BG most of the time. Just wondering what makes it so cool...perhapes its simplicity?
D3V0N

Post by D3V0N »

Everything about it, the makers say they spent the most time on it being it their first map they made, and felt they perfected it.

New players like it because it is just that simple. Other's play it because it is open, and support's vehicles and isn't as big as SW, good CTF games on it. People just seem to like it.
MC117

Post by MC117 »

because they just love it, i love BG its the ebst map for a ctf game
shadowbeast

Post by shadowbeast »

i play BG to kick ass because i feel sorry for ppl like u asking why i play that level.
this forum has gone to hell
M.A.C.

Post by M.A.C. »

it is genius in its simplicity
Sig made by New Age
Beastman

Articulatist 500

Post by Beastman »

i think one thing is its the first mp level to ever pop up so when u got it on xbox or whatever u played it first and just kept playin it, on box i remember like thats what all the n00b rooms were, when i was a newb thats all we played cause it was open easy to aim on people didnt have to worry aobut finding ur way aroudn of looking for someone, just since people played it so much they always loved it, and now on pc ctf is really big, and that is one of the best for ctf.
zman519

Post by zman519 »

Damnation Damnation Damnation nobudy mods Y ? i gess i cood. BG is ok good for 4+
Corporations buying Unconstitutional laws.= DMAC
CUxtopher

bg is the best

Post by CUxtopher »

bg is best, even though red has the advantage! dont believe me? look the next time you play! i always felt bg lags the least, when the server changed maps on me like to sw! it was lag fest! ctf is perfect in bg too
another thing, when playin halo pc, id like to know when im in the pressence of a halomodder, like the real MonoxideC no some bs loser noob! so dont try takin their names! show them some freakin respect

thats all for now
WhateverTuna

Post by WhateverTuna »

Why is Ashton Kutcher or whoever the fuck he is so popular? Because he's hot thats why.

Therefore, my guess would be that Blood Gulch is hot. So people like it. :shock:
OMGZ0R!1!!IMT3H1337!11!OMGZ0Rkthxbye!1!11
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Another reason Blood Gulch is probably so popular is because it's the only multiplayer level open on the Halo demo. Before I bought the retail version, I would play hours on that single level, not even bothering with the unlocked campaign level. That's probably what alot of people are doing.

Also, zman519 broght up that there aren't many mods for Damnation. That's probably because of the fact that you need a great graphics card to handle all of the bump mapping on the level. My comp lags graficaly on that level even though I tell the game to use the -useff command line.
zman519

Re: bg is the best

Post by zman519 »

CUxtopher wrote:bg is best, even though red has the advantage! dont believe me? look the next time you play! i always felt bg lags the least, when the server changed maps on me like to sw! it was lag fest! ctf is perfect in bg too
another thing, when playin halo pc, id like to know when im in the pressence of a halomodder, like the real MonoxideC no some bs loser noob! so dont try takin their names! show them some freakin respect

thats all for now

takin their names man that has bin my name for YEARS! :evil:
Corporations buying Unconstitutional laws.= DMAC
Beastman

Articulatist 500

Post by Beastman »

i believe not alot of mods for damnation because 90 percent of the games on pc mp are ctf, so thats not a good level for ctf, thats a reason bg is popular. on xbox only the noobs played slayer bg, i barly ever saw ctf, could be different now but dont play online xbox, all the inside levels were most played and were the best:hangem, chill out, danm, all those were amazing in xbox, but i dont like them on pc, not that they lag my comp or anything cause my card can handle anything but on pc im a ctf guy and on xbox im a slayer, team slayer guy, its weird but thats how i see it.