Xbox mod storage and organization?

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
Darksage

Xbox mod storage and organization?

Post by Darksage »

Just wondering what you guys do to keep from FTPing back and forth from your computer and xbox each time you want to change mods. I've just started hacking Halo for the box (have previous experience on PC) and want to show my friends a bunch of the stuff, but won't have my comp available at the LAN party. I was wondering if I could save the files on the F drive under folders named after the particular mod, and then erase the cache, and copy and paste the modded cache into the X drive. This way all modded maps would be on the box permanently and it would allow me to switch back in forth in a less time consuming fashion.

Would that work? Is there an easier way? How do you do it?
UltraMagnus

Revivalist Wave Pyre

yes

Post by UltraMagnus »

yes that will work, that is what i do for testing, for a more permanent multi mod solution I use another version of halo (2 copies on the same box)

here is my tuorial on how to make a mod CD
http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=3801
Streaker

Post by Streaker »

I use Halo Cached Editor to patch maps locally. The only time you need to ftp is when you first download the ppf.
XBOX War3z

Post by XBOX War3z »

Yea Darksage, give Halo Cache Editor a try.
It runs directly from your Xbox, it can patch ppf files
You just upload it to your application folder
Put all your ppf files in the NTSC\PPF folder (you can use subfolders) (or PAL)
I would try to mess with it asap, so you get used to it, or doesnt look a fool when all your friends are arround you and you dont know what to do :oops: :P
http://users.pandora.be/-_X_-/HCE
You need to download it from Xbins since it's made by the XDK
maca_§

Grunge

Post by maca_§ »

good old HCE :)
dom

Post by dom »

:wink: HCE... mmm. good...
XboxTech

Literarian 100

Post by XboxTech »

Yep and I burn the modded cache files to a DVD+RW and save space on the drive, AND most xboxs can read the +rw, so you could put it in a buddies modded box and boxexplore tranfer your mods to theres too. HCE rules for one box. :shock:
adamf_07

Post by adamf_07 »

My box can't read RW. :( I've tried multiple brands and both - and +.
XboxTech

Literarian 100

Post by XboxTech »

Well that s#@ks, I would add you must make it an X ISO,and burn image. I have 2 drives and the older will read cd+rw memorex and DVD+ and - R, the other will read dvd+rw and cd-r and cd+rw, most of the time, I burn movies to DVD+RW , so it works on both mine.