Applying PPF patches to what?

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
Highbomber

Applying PPF patches to what?

Post by Highbomber »

I have found some great patches and am ready to use them with the appropriate program. Although, I cannot find the cache.map files. I played the level I wanted to patch and I looked in all my drives. I cannot find the cache.map files any where! I know where my regular map files are like a30.map and b40.map but when i edit those nothing happens on my game. Some one help me this is starting to piss me off.
SOLO-X

Cache files

Post by SOLO-X »

They are on the X,Y or Z drive. You need to ftp them over to your computer patch them and then ftp them back. HCE, (Halo Cache Editor), is nice and it runs off of your Xbox
aakwa

Post by aakwa »

Load halo and play the start you want to patch then go to X, Y, Z find it and patch away
cs4664

Post by cs4664 »

If you are ftping with avalaunch you can't see the temp cache files you have to use evox. Maybe thats your problem. It was my problem but I couldn't find the answer anywhere. But I figured i try word for word what the others said and that included using evox. Well I hope this helps someone.
Highbomber

Post by Highbomber »

Ya, I figured that out too, this is an old post I made awhile ago, now im even able to edit maps. Actualy with me it wasn't avalaunche, its wen i was FTPing to avalaunch with FlashFXP. Although it isn't something that should be overlooked. If any one wants me to make a tutorial I can detail it fairly well to help those in need. I know it frusterated me for a week. The tutorial on this site I didnt find very useful. So i turned to the good people at http://www.teamxecuter.com for there fantastic help they gave me during my chip instalation. The actual link to my query is here ->http://www.teamxecuter.com/modules.php? ... ic&t=12154. If anyone wants to talk about a new tutorial then just pm me or post something in this post or sumthing.