Halo Xtreme Edition: One of the last Xbox Halo map packs

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
Spartan III

Wordewatician 500

Halo Xtreme Edition: One of the last Xbox Halo map packs

Post by Spartan III »

Halo Xtreme Edition

There isn't many details so far, but it's going to be a little like the popular map packs, NMP and CXE. Except less mods, and more maps. NMP is awesome, but on v1.1, the only flaws i noticed is too many Blood Gulch mods. I want almost all of the maps to be new maps.

This will be PAL...but, that's where my plan kicks in. I am trying to make it very compatible for NTSC, and i might be able to just use bloodgulch for all the new maps! Wouldn't that be great? I'd release a NTSC-->PAL for bloodgulch and for the default.xbe.

The only gripe is that i've not got too many maps done so far, cause i'm the only one on the team as of now. But anyone who can make good maps out of blocks, or throughout any method is more than welcome, and if you are NTSC, i can send you everything neccesary to make it a PAL mod, and like i said, NTSC users will easily be able to play it anyway.

So, anyone interested. I'm looking at people that are willing to be creative with their maps.
Spammy

Revivalist Coagulator Articulatist 500

Post by Spammy »

I think the only difference between NTSC and PAL maps is the build number.
rabiv88

Location: Halo 2 is in my grasp, wont be back for a while... PEACE

Post by rabiv88 »

Sounds like a kool idea, but ive got too much stuff on my hands as of now :cry:
Spartan III

Wordewatician 500

Post by Spartan III »

This will use PPF's so you'll need the PAL mapfiles. A converter will be provided.

Now here is a preview of a map that's gonna be included, called accuracy. Keep in mind the map isn't 100% complete. It will be a crazy map for all gametypes, as there is a gap to jump which seperates the two bases. There's a tower in the middle too and towers at each base. Sorry the pics are from Sparkedit, don't have vid capture card.

The inside of one of the bases, where the Warthogs are stored.

This shows the middle jump and the tower.

The view you'll get from a sniper tower.

The bridge in the middle and inbetween the jump.

I hope you like what's made of this map so far....
rabiv88

Location: Halo 2 is in my grasp, wont be back for a while... PEACE

Post by rabiv88 »

So far it looks sweet... Keep up the good work 8)
TigerHawk

Post by TigerHawk »

I made a mod sort of similar to this, but never released. The hard part is figuring out what to do with the hogs; spawn or make a wall? Cause its inevitable theyre going to fall off. You can make them spawn by editing the dependancy in the metadata of a weapon, powerup, or anything that spawns.
Spartan III

Wordewatician 500

Post by Spartan III »

Thanks for the nice comments, tonight i'm going to try and remake the PS1 Metal Gear Solid VR training in a Halo map, with the green blocks. :D Also, i feel like recreating a Sonic level with blocks, could work. I've always thought about this idea and didn't get inspiration from that Sonic Mapping Team.

Oh, and Tigerhawk, on this level you are going to have to enjoy the vehicles at the start, because there's one hell of a weapon that's hard-ish to get to, but will blow the vehicles off. I'm not gonna make them spawn, don't want ANY lag.
Spartan III

Wordewatician 500

Post by Spartan III »

96 views and no replies? :(
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Good job Spartan III. PAL is in need of some good mappacks. If you want any help with any of the maps pm me.
adamscybot2

Post by adamscybot2 »

new news. Spartan has just joined www.xboxmods.tk with me.

Were now working together on the map pack. Expect the best map pack for halo pal. ;)
Spartan III

Wordewatician 500

Post by Spartan III »

adamscybot2 wrote:new news. Spartan has just joined www.xboxmods.tk with me.

Were now working together on the map pack. Expect the best map pack for halo pal. ;)
Yeah, i'm sure it will be! I'm working on a map which'll involve the Pelican right now. Anyone know how to make the Pelican kill players when it lands on them?
mrhyperpenguin

Revivalist Miner Wordewatician 250

Post by mrhyperpenguin »

it should be the [coll] just mess around and maybe you'll find it

but if your doing a block mod and no bsp is involved, you should always inject the ui.map bsp, becuase its blank and should reduce lag if any (or d40 space)
quartern8

Post by quartern8 »

TigerHawk wrote:You can make them spawn by editing the dependancy in the metadata of a weapon, powerup, or anything that spawns.
Where exactly (which dependacy) would you have to change in order for this to happen? And then would the hog spawn if your in it? Would it spawn in the same place over and over again until the lag becomes unbeareable (100 hogs)?
mrhyperpenguin

Revivalist Miner Wordewatician 250

Post by mrhyperpenguin »

yes it'll lag after a while,, and any change any itmc meta dependency to vehi - warthogs
c_m77

Post by c_m77 »

Sounds great guys...such a good idea and we PAL modders have been waiting for someone to stand up and take on a project like this!!! :D

Good luck, please keep us all posted!!
peabnuts123

Post by peabnuts123 »

man did i wish i was ntsc, but now , i would rather this map pack.
adamscybot2

Post by adamscybot2 »

Were on fromnt page guys!
peabnuts123

Post by peabnuts123 »

lol took ya, heh
Prisoner Riddick

Post by Prisoner Riddick »

adamscybot2 wrote:new news. Spartan has just joined www.xboxmods.tk with me.

Hiya,
I'm new to all this (I mean the Halo Map Packs) and I'm desperatly trying to find some good PAL map packs. Could you direct me to some? Thanks!
I'm also really looking forward to that Map Pack you're working on Spartan! Keep up the good work!
:)
maca_§

Grunge

Post by maca_§ »

Either go to the site you quoted or check out the Files Forum, then go to the Xbox section(s).
You have to be a registered user there to be able to download whatever.