keeping stats for Halo?

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
rabiv88

Location: Halo 2 is in my grasp, wont be back for a while... PEACE

keeping stats for Halo?

Post by rabiv88 »

Is there by any chance a program or app that allows you to keep your stats such as kills, deaths, etc? If not, that would be a great idea for someone to program. Just a thought...
SherlockClark

Post by SherlockClark »

yeah i was thinking that 2
rabiv88

Post by rabiv88 »

Soo does anyone have or is working on this?
RunningRiot

Articulatist 100

Post by RunningRiot »

If you are talking about modifying the actual xbe, or a program (such as an IGR type patch) that resides in memory when halo launches and records stats in the background, I seriously doubt the feasability of such a program. Of course it is possible, but is the MASSIVE amount of research and effort needed to produce the said program worth the results? My opinion: no.

However, if you are talking about a program that runs on a computer and merely sniffs the game packets in a System Link game, that is much more feasible, and probably even more useful. It would be handy to have a program capture data and stats for 16 people at a time instead of 4.

Now, if you are talking about a program to calculate accuracy, shots fired/shots hit; THAT would be a truly daunting task.(read: not gonna happen)

I remember someone was working on deciphering Halo's netcode for use with an systemlink BOT emulator, but I'm not sure what he discovered.

-RunningRiot
rabiv88

Post by rabiv88 »

From what i heard, he is still working on that... I guess it isnt really worth it seeing how it is very difficult and Halo 2 will be released soon, but i gave it a shot