Non Texture Mods working online

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
Yogie

Non Texture Mods working online

Post by Yogie »

Alright, I already have glasswalls aswell as the camo hack that both work online because they are textures aka skins. I have heard from many people that there is a way to make it so that physical mods will work online and the game will not go out of sync or get the "game ends in a draw" message. In other words there is a way for a game to run from its own .xbe files and not have to be in-sync. If you are going to reply with... "Mods dont work online unless the other person has the same mod" please go away. I wish to only speak to people who know what they are talking about.

Please put down your aim handle if it is not already in your profile if you have any information.
RunningRiot

Articulatist 100

Post by RunningRiot »

Well, some things are ok, because the server basically tells the client "this is what it is, so shut up," but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what they are. You definitly can't add anything or change any seetings (like dammage) but swapping stuff should be ok. Like swapping all vehicles for the warthogs, or swapping weapons or (possibly) projectiles around.

Just try it and see.

-RunningRiot
python_023

Post by python_023 »

hmm from my personal experience, anything you can edit in Sparkedit, as well as jpt!, doesnt work in online. So if you change the position of anything, as far as i can remember with my experiences in this it will cause an error. If you swap weapons..im not sure i havent tried that in a long time. PRojectiles i know cause a fault as soon as you fire.
just my 2cents
python
Yogie

Post by Yogie »

I would also like to say that I am not using these for cheating. I have a branch clan called Hacker Hunters where I hunt down and expose hackers off of xbc. If you give me some decent info about some other hacks that work you will be spared and it will be much aprectiated.