Putting a Large Pine Tree from level (Halo) into Blood Gulch

Post here about Halo modding and related editing. For help go to the Help Desk forum above.
jesusphreak

Putting a Large Pine Tree from level (Halo) into Blood Gulch

Post by jesusphreak »

I tried using HMI to take a Large Pine Tree from the level Halo and replace the Scorpion tank on Blood Gulch with it. When I actually go into the game to play, the model looks like absolute crap.

Please help. I've tried using some of the tutorials for "injecting the perfect" model, but HHT isn't working correctly...

Can HMI not put the model in correctly or am I doing something wrong?

THanks
jesusphreak

Post by jesusphreak »

Well, I even added all of the shaders, coll, bitmaps, etc in with XInject.

THe tree stilll looks like absolute crap....

What am I supposed to do?

I inject it over the scorpion model because it's one of the few models in the map that is big enough. The tree now acts like a big tank. Even when I add all of the correct shaders and bitmaps in, it looks like absolute crap....

Even if I inject it over a smaller tree and the scorpion, it doesn't function like a tank, but it looks horrible....

How do I do this? This is so frustrating. I've been doing it for literally 24 hours and have gotten nothing out of it....
MrMurder

Revivalist Artisan Droplet Pyre
Literarian 100

Post by MrMurder »

Scenery injection tutorial by MrMurder

Ok follow these steps but replace the metal piece for your tree and the tank ok.

Ok heres what you will need.
Xinject 3.2
HMT 3.5
HHT V1
Another level to take the scenery piece out of to inject we will use derilict and the metal\Piece\Wide
A map use sidewinder to inject the piece into

1:Open derilict in xinject 3.2 and open the mode tag find the metal piece wide and select it.
Note the size of the meta 736 bytes Then at the bottom right the size of the Raw Data 242 and 2496 you need these to make sure the object in sidewinder your injectin over is either the same size or bigger than these numbers ok. Click save meta.
2: open sidewinder in Xinject and open the mode tag again and scroll down the list lookin for something big enough you dont need to inject over (MODELS ALWAYS GO OVER A MODEL OR IT NEVER WORKS). For this injection we will use the Rocket Launcher Ammo select it and click inject Find your saved model and inject it.
when it asks to inject the raw data always click yes another box may pop up lookin for shaders just Click the box " leave unknown for know ". Rename your new model metal\Piece\Wide and save changes your finished with xinject.
3: Open HHT and select derilict open it and find the scenery tag open that and find your metal piece wide.
In the bottom left corner tick the box saying save meta recursivly (ALWAYS SAVE META RECURSIVLY) Select your scenery piece anc hit save noting the size of the meta in the left side box 532 bytes ok find the collision tag and repeat the process saving the coll meta to the same folder you just saved the scenery to. the collision is 3868 bytes
4: open you sidewinder map with the new model already injected and goto the effect tag
Open it and for this im using now you can use effects but you must be careful not to inject over something the game uses alot ok so for this to save timeim going to use effects\vehicle effects\slip rubber its size is 628 bytes so inject your scenery meta here and rename it before you click save changes in the center on the left of hht you see a box called tag types select the top one it should be EFFE at the moment you want to scroll down to SCEN and Then click save changes.
5: Your collision model is next for this im using the weapons\flamethrower\flamethrower in the collision tag inject your saved metal panel coll meta here and rename it
6: find the scenery tag and select your new metal piece on the right you see some dependancys simply point the mode and the coll at the renamed pieces you have added.
Then in Mode just pick a shader for now anything will do so you will be able to see it scenery\rocks\b40_snowrocks\shaders\snowrock will do for now. your finished in HHT now for HMT
7: Open your level in HMT and scroll down to the mode tag and find a piece of scenery thats already on sidewinder im going to use scenery\small beacon\small blue beacon and select it you now should see a box in the top left corner with META swap in it click the swap button and scroll down to the metal piece you injected and click save.
OK now go down to the scenery tag and find that same scenery\small beacon\small blue beacon and select it click swap and find you metal piece again click save.
8: Open you map in sparkedit and instead of small blue beacon at blue base you should see you new scenery so move them onto an area you can test them save an load your map.

Thanks for your time.
Bug Stompers "We Endanger Species"

MrMurder The Magnums Of Justice

Thanks for your time.
jesusphreak

Post by jesusphreak »

Mr. Murder, while I appreciate that, HHT keeps giving me all kinds of errors. I'll see what I can do....though....

Thanks
MrMurder

Literarian 100

Post by MrMurder »

Try reinstalling .net framework or getting a fresh copy of the HHT proggy if you still havin probs hit me up on msn or aim ok
Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your time.
jesusphreak

Post by jesusphreak »

Thank you very much MrMurder.

I finally got it working, I just need to put the shaders in now :)
jesusphreak

Post by jesusphreak »

Well, great news....

now that I put the shaders in....the level won't even load....

the frustration continues.....
jesusphreak

Post by jesusphreak »

Can anyone help me out?

I followed this tutorial exactly, but when I tried to inject the correct bitmaps and then shaders, when I try to play the level on Halo, it hangs while loading.......

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
MrMurder

Literarian 100

Post by MrMurder »

Just be carefull what you inject over with shaders as if you use up something vital it causes a seek on an unnamed file.
For safety use up things like the engineer impact EFFE meta and the ammo bitmaps there pretty safe and thats what i usually do.
so just inject over an effe meta and swap its tag into soso then use HMT to inject the bitmaps i find that easier as i know what im injecting over.
Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your time.
AUSSIE_SPARTAN

Post by AUSSIE_SPARTAN »

I used to have problems when i injected stuff. When ever you are injecting the bitmaps with xinject, click yes when its asks you to inject the raw data, then click no so itdoesn't inject at the eof. You can't inject more than 1 thing in the eof.
Gabs from files.halomods.com
RunningRiot

Articulatist 100

Post by RunningRiot »

Yes you can.

It automatically adjusts the EOF pointer to after the raw bitmap data.

HOWEVER, you can't ADD any tags after injecting at EOF because all the lone IDs will point to the wrong place. You can inject, but don't use any kind of tag adder.

-RunningRiot