Create form to show halo 2 map in VB 2005 EE

Post here about scripting and programming for HaloPC (audio, network, ai, etc.)
0mfc0

Create form to show halo 2 map in VB 2005 EE

Post by 0mfc0 »

Ok I am going to tell you how to create a form in VB 2005 EE to show Halo 2 in a treeview. Then be able to show it's dependancy's LoneID's and Reflexives, if I am feeling up to it I'll also show you how to edit tags.

Ok, first off open up VB then go to File-->New Project. Then a screen will pop-up, choose windows application and name it what ever you want. A visual view of your form will be shown i the middle window (you may need to change size later).

In the toolbox drag a treeview on the form, then go to properties and select dock on left side(if the toolbox or properties windows ain't shown then go to view-->toolbox or view-->properties).

Then drag a splitter on to the form, it will automaticly dock on the right side of the treeview

Next you want to drag a panel on the form and select to dock on bottom, you may need to make it taller.

Now select a listbox and dock it on top, leave some space between it and the panel

Then drag a listview on and dock it to fill the panel.

After you do that drag 3 radiobuttons on and put them above the panel with the listview. change the text of RadioButton1 to Dependancy's, RadioButton2 to LoneID's, and RadioButton3 to Reflexive's

Now add a button and a textbox, put them under the listbox change the text of button1 to Edit , also you may want to put a label beside the textbox called jump height.

Press F5 or Ctrl F5 to see what it looks like so far.

Well that's it for now, If enough people want me to I'll tell them how to load the Map and show it in the treeview and list dependancy's in the listview, and do all the coding. And I said I might tell how to edit tags if I feel up to it.

Hope this helped you :D :D :D

Srry for lack of pics :cry: maybe next tut if there is one.

EDIT: Use xxANTMANSxx post here http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38036
for coding
Last edited by 0mfc0 on Mon May 08, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxANTMANxx

Post by xxANTMANxx »

sarge derek

Post by sarge derek »

xxANTMANxx wrote:I already made a tutorial
:o owned lol, but i guess this was just the look of the form, not coding :wink:
Xlink Name: -KyA-Sgt-D, lets play some mods or mlg :)
0mfc0

Post by 0mfc0 »

lol, Sorry xxANTMANxx I guess there is no need for the coding part then.
Surly Squid

Post by Surly Squid »

Very simple, but you can never have to many tutorials. Good job. :D
Trigger_six

Connoisseur

Post by Trigger_six »

Antman your tut was kinda limited........It couldnt tell you how to load XML, and you couldnt Swap Dependnecies and crap....lol :wink: