Marteer Rifle Ballistic X Edition 74 Beta Model

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

![DX]Link! wrote:Never under any cicrcumstances use boolean cause it will send your model to hell and back! It seems you don't have enought detail towards the back of the gun. What type of modeling do you do anyway just out of curiosity? I commend you for your effort on the gun however.
About the boolean, thats not entirely true. If for any reason you wish to use bolean on any part of your model (there are actually times when this is the best method) you should detach the faces of your model you wish to bolean to a seperate object. This will only effect those few faces so the cleanup job will be 50,000x easier. After that just weld it back onto your main model. It's may not be the best way for most circumstances, but it's dam convenient for others. :twisted:
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

llamaboy772 wrote:
![DX]Link! wrote:Never under any cicrcumstances use boolean cause it will send your model to hell and back! It seems you don't have enought detail towards the back of the gun. What type of modeling do you do anyway just out of curiosity? I commend you for your effort on the gun however.
About the boolean, thats not entirely true. If for any reason you wish to use bolean on any part of your model (there are actually times when this is the best method) you should detach the faces of your model you wish to bolean to a seperate object. This will only effect those few faces so the cleanup job will be 50,000x easier. After that just weld it back onto your main model. It's may not be the best way for most circumstances, but it's dam convenient for others. :twisted:
QFT. Boolian is suitable on certain occasions
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Looks awesome, great concept, great idea, and great execution. Except for some obvious poly-wastage, I see nothing wrong with this gun. 4/5 stars easily.

Also, I just cured my boolo-disease, so I understand. Its an easy habit to break, just make sure the next few models you design have a lot of holes, and don't use boolean under any circumstance for those wholes.
Communism || Well in Halomods Com, I own you. -Shout
Userbar put your total signature image at 140 pixels in height. Sorry. <-- My sig has become the #1 place for Moderator tags -_-
You could always, oh I don't know, edit our comments out? =p | I would put it back in. -Shout -wer its at brudda-
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

actually, you're wrong on all counts. sorry, Doctor.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
rentafence

Post by rentafence »

SnaFuBAR wrote:actually, you're wrong on all counts. sorry, Doctor.
How could he be wrong? He stated opinions, not facts.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

it is poorly proportioned, it is a butchered tavor, functions are a joke, and the execution is poor.

facts.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
rentafence

Post by rentafence »

SnaFuBAR wrote:it is poorly proportioned, it is a butchered tavor, functions are a joke, and the execution is poor.

facts.
Prove that it is poorly proportioned, and its execution is poor. It looks like a big step up from his Beretta. He's learning, so lay off. You didn't come out of nowhere with your great weapon models, you started off like him.
![DX]Link!

Post by ![DX]Link! »

TomClancey wrote:
![DX]Link! wrote:What type of modeling do you do anyway just out of curiosity?
Bevel/extrude.
![DX]Link! wrote:I commend you for your effort on the gun however.
I fail to see effort in this gun.
Come to think of it, it IS all boolean, bevel, and extrude. Why don't you plane model strider. It's hella better. I learned that by making my first plane modeled gun that kicked the shit outta any of my other models
92% of forum members follow instructions on other members sigs. If you are part of the 7% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
In Nomine Dole

Post by In Nomine Dole »

rentafence wrote:Prove that it is poorly proportioned, and its execution is poor.
You're only saying this because you haven't seen the heatshield. Even so, it's still not an original design.
rentafence wrote:It looks like a big step up from his Beretta.
That's only because his Beretta was bad even by his standards. Trust me, you're only seeing the tip of the iceberg.
Go to the FileFront Forums, the Halo section, then the Halo general modding boards, and click on Triple Threat Campaign (it should be right at the top of the page). Mind you, that mod has been in progress for over three years, and SVC is convinced he will in fact start a successful video game studio based on THAT progress.
rentafence wrote:He's learning, so lay off. You didn't come out of nowhere with your great weapon models, you started off like him.
SVC has been modeling longer than most of the greatest modelers in the CE community.
Signed:
X___In Nomine Dole__
rentafence

Post by rentafence »

rentafence wrote:He's learning, so lay off. You didn't come out of nowhere with your great weapon models, you started off like him.
SVC has been modeling longer than most of the greatest modelers in the CE community.[/quote]

Whats your point? So hes an uber slow learner, just because he's been modelling for a long time doesn't make the smallest effort uber phail.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

whether or not he learns slow, it's still bad. lay off? hahaha... jesus christ that was good. how many people have i turned around by giving the same critique as i've given here? i could talk about the one-on-one help i've given, and the relation to this subject, but i'm not going to exasperate myself on that.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Yeah, well the number of people turned around is probably equal to the number of people you turned away from ever trying to model again.

I'm with rent, you need to take some re-laxactives :?
Communism || Well in Halomods Com, I own you. -Shout
Userbar put your total signature image at 140 pixels in height. Sorry. <-- My sig has become the #1 place for Moderator tags -_-
You could always, oh I don't know, edit our comments out? =p | I would put it back in. -Shout -wer its at brudda-
In Nomine Dole

Post by In Nomine Dole »

Doctor wrote:Yeah, well the number of people turned around is probably equal to the number of people you turned away from ever trying to model again.
Speaking of which, you should thank him for weeding them out early.
Signed:
X___In Nomine Dole__
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

Doctor wrote:Yeah, well the number of people turned around is probably equal to the number of people you turned away from ever trying to model again.

Well if they give up that easily, wow, sucks for them. They did it for attention, and to fit in, not because they liked to do it and do it well. They didn't care to learn the proper techniques and what makes a good model.

As for who needs lax, I would suggest supository cream to keep your head fit nicely up where the sun don't shine. I mean, your critique and advice seems to come from there.
rentafence

Post by rentafence »

SnaFuBAR wrote:As for who needs lax, I would suggest supository cream to keep your head fit nicely up where the sun don't shine.
Supositiories come in the form of cream? :shock:
warlord

Post by warlord »

>.>
ask a girl that question im sure theres a few that have had those.
auerhantheman1

Post by auerhantheman1 »

SnaFuBAR wrote:

Well if they give up that easily, wow, sucks for them. They did it for attention, and to fit in, not because they liked to do it and do it well. They didn't care to learn the proper techniques and what makes a good model.

As for who needs lax, I would suggest supository cream to keep your head fit nicely up where the sun don't shine. I mean, your critique and advice seems to come from there.
Or, maybe they just wanted to have fun and try something new, but they were discouraged because you were being such a hard*** to them on their first try :?
Your sig can't exceed 500x120 and 75kb in file size.
caboose wrote:your toast has been burned, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!
Xegrot

Post by Xegrot »

auerhantheman1 wrote:
SnaFuBAR wrote:

Or, maybe they just wanted to have fun and try something new, but they were discouraged because you were being such a hard*** to them on their first try :?
Judging on what I have learned about SVC, he's been "trying" for three years now...
Can YOU guess the Air Speed Velocity of an Unlaiden Swallow? ... I thought not. XD
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

also, when i'm harsh, i link to many tutorials and resources. can't take the heat? gtfo the kitchen. don't want negative responses? don't post your work on a public forum.

this isn't utopia, sorry.
![DX]Link!

Post by ![DX]Link! »

Some of you should already know that snaf will always, and I mean ALWAYS, will win the arguement and have the last word.....or rossum, who will appear out of nowhere...
92% of forum members follow instructions on other members sigs. If you are part of the 7% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.