Marteer Rifle Ballistic X Edition 74 Beta Model

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
Strider Vega Core

Marteer Rifle Ballistic X Edition 74 Beta Model

Post by Strider Vega Core »

The Current model for the MRBX74... (3010 polys)

Current Details and parts: Rotating Electro Coils on barrel, Safety switch, light switch, clip eject button, butt screw indent, rear outward extended plate, midway circuitry coolant vents, forward barrel exposing slits, more curved areas, and The MR Shield.

Details and parts not yet added: Popout Gun Status Screens, exposed circuitry areas, the clip, the trigger, the flashlight, the optical zoom camera lense with pinpoint laser and zooming buttons, the grenade launcher attachment rod, and the grenade launcher itself.

Specs:

The MRBX74 is a type of coil gun with the ability to melt 6 MR rounds together to form an armor piercing round.

The Electro Magnetic Field used to both propel the bullet also gives each bullet an electrical enhancement which can cause a target to be hindered in movement and can do more damage than the AR and PR combined.

The sniper rounds cause an instant kill to infantry units and a scorpion tank can take 5 hits before the driver is killed.

Rounds from the MRBX will cause an electrical surge on metal of any kind.

Shooting the Marteer Rifle under water is lethal to anyone within a 2 world unit vicinity... Including the user... *Notes the Quake 1 Lightning Gun's instagib of everything when shot underwater.* Similar effect.

SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

it is ugly. also, marteer? what is this word? gb2gradeschool l2spell.

also, your method for producing an AP round is unconvincing and well... laughable. the proportions seem really off. also, please add lighting to your renders and note clipping. no need to pose it with a biped...
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
Strider Vega Core

Were you expecting a "cute" gun snaf? XD j/k, and heh, I kinda fixed a history for the gun in the halo universe...
Richard Garabaldy Marteer... invented a way to make compact, carriable coilguns and field tested them himself in 2474.
But yeah... I see what you mean... and the biped posing was just because I felt like screwin around a lil.

The ugly parts seem to fly around the MR Shield and the Barrel Extension, which I will be taking off and remaking.

I am not good at making up tech specs as you can see... but at least I didn't completely derail.

What I can say about the tags though... noobs will be putting down the noob tube for this lil guy. lol
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

Can you please post a non-crappy render? I can't even tell if it's bad or not....
JunkfoodMan

Post by JunkfoodMan »

Post a clay render and a Wireframe, then I'll judge.
wat
Strider Vega Core

The Marteer Rifle Ballistic Standard Edition... (still working on the details)
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

Wireframe shows nastys, but I can't really complain about the gun. As much as I want to hop on the flame wagon thats sure to come, I really really do it.
killgore333

Post by killgore333 »

What is wrong with this gun? I particularly think it looks very nice. On the other hand, other mods like race tracks and other boxy maps which everyone else thinks are the best thing in the world are pieces of worthless $hit! For those who bash it, why not challenge him by making a better gun. Don't bash it if you can't do any better. I can't play the guitar that well, but I can sure as F uck write better death metal lyrics than other bands out there.
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

The people that are bashing him can model much better than that.

Edit:

Holy crap, what is with the obvious use of boolean and not fixing the triangulation?
rentafence

Post by rentafence »

Neat concept, but theres some faces that look strange.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

the modeling is really just bad. also, it looks like you tried to model a tavor and failed hard.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

Wireframe is pretty messy. And I was about to say too, that it looks like it was inspired from a tavor. It's also disproportionate. The top is strangely thicker then the handle and foregrips. Front sight looks rediculous. I mean a pyramid? Cmon. You also have what appears to be 4 screens around the rear sight area. I can't honestly see it needing that many. The detail seems random, and put there as an excuse for not know what a gun needs to function and features it could/should have. You've got some poly-wastage on some bits too. Fix all that up and then post your improvement.

Also killgore333, you don't know what you're talking about. A lot of the people who have posted in this thread exceed the skills in 3d modelling that strider has.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

killgore333 wrote:For those who bash it, why not challenge him by making a better gun. Don't bash it if you can't do any better.
been there, done that. over and over and over and over again.
JunkfoodMan

Post by JunkfoodMan »

...That wasn't a clay render.
wat
In Nomine Dole

Post by In Nomine Dole »

Strider Vega Core wrote:
Richard Garabaldy Marteer... invented a way to make compact, carriable coilguns and field tested them himself in 2474.
Heheh. Baldy.
Garibaldi is an Italian name, and ends in an 'i', and Marteer [afaik] isn't a name in any language. Also, welcome to 2007.
Signed:
X___In Nomine Dole__
darkmummy9

Post by darkmummy9 »

omg finally the fight is over!!!!!! so guys what have i posted in the last month. my brother got my pass took me awhile to get it back. so what topics i posted on. please tell me he didnt ruin my rep.

wait no screw this my brother can have this account.

reps probally to badly damaged to repair so the last. from darkmummy9. well atleast from its true owner. thank you.
visit my site be amazed by the funny kick *** videos.
I am
auerhantheman1

Post by auerhantheman1 »

Yeah, what do you know about 2474? The name doesn't matter, I've heard weirder ones before. Anyways, the model looks ok by my standards except the front sight needs to go, and the scope/screen thing needs to be smaller. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about your technique, so the model is pretty good.
Your sig can't exceed 500x120 and 75kb in file size.
caboose wrote:your toast has been burned, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!
Lavix

Recreator Connoisseur

Post by Lavix »

Kinda looks like a harpoon gun from the first pic.

Barrel really needs a lot of work. I would also suggest getting rid of a few screens located on the top side.

Redoing the firing rate mechanism would also help. (I'm guessing that is what the knob above the handle is.)

Also the grip located under the barrel looks a little to blocky. Try to round this puppy off and make it a little more convenient for the person holding it. Think about if you were using this gun. you would probably impale yourself with this thing before you ever got a shot near your enemy.
![DX]Link!

Post by ![DX]Link! »

Never under any cicrcumstances use boolean cause it will send your model to hell and back! It seems you don't have enought detail towards the back of the gun. What type of modeling do you do anyway just out of curiosity? I commend you for your effort on the gun however.
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

![DX]Link! wrote:What type of modeling do you do anyway just out of curiosity?
Bevel/extrude.
![DX]Link! wrote:I commend you for your effort on the gun however.
I fail to see effort in this gun.