The Beretta Tomcat Inox

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.
Strider_V_Core

The Beretta Tomcat Inox

Post by Strider_V_Core »

Beretta Closeup Pic
Beretta Held by my Spartan 000

Spartan 000 head and arm spikes by me...
Beretta Tomcat Inox model, also by me...
Beretta Skin: google
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

the beretta sucks. wayyy too low poly, and absolutely inaccurate. spartan000's head looks like something from a children's show on nickelodeon. nice stray vert on the arm as well. still haven't learned to render i see.

0/10. i suggest looking up tutorials on plane modeling.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
kornman00

ONI New Age

Post by kornman00 »

Isn't it illegal to deface a Spartan-II like that Image?

And I thought the real SVC died in a crash...
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

and why is the barrel tiped up while you have it in a pose? you do know it's not supposed to be tipped up like that all the time right?

the scale is WAYYYYY off, too. have you ever even held a tomcat? i have, and it fits in my palm. can't even get my pinky on the grip.
Dude. No. Do you even know who Katarn and Snaf are?They are some of the few 1337est modelers that have ever set foot in CE. =D
Caboose{SE}

Post by Caboose{SE} »

last time i checked my eyelids aren't brown....
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: poor aids have l33t
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: 100000 aids each year
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: die from l33t
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

Wow, the model is very badly done, as well as the head. I would suggest watching/reading tutorials on modeling and rendering. Also, don't try and change the way MC looks for a render, especially if all you did was pull a few verts and "supposedly" modeled the head.
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

Strider, that is terrible. The model is completely inaccurate. You used a crappy skin that's just a picture of the gun. It doesn't even fit right, doesn't that tell you something? The head looks retarded too. Go watch some tutorials. Like, a lot of tutorials.
Strider_V_Core

Post by Strider_V_Core »

It's as badly done as Killa's HK I know, but it is ingame

The biped was rigged and every piece of armor is setup to be a region to be blown off like a flood combat form limb. the model is released and the face just needs a decent detail map for the skin...
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

still doesn't change the fact that both things look like garbage.
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

Delete both in their entirety, find some good tutorials, get some real skins instead of just sticking a low-res photo on the side, and try again. Nothing on either the biped or the gun is worth keeping.
Caboose{SE}

Post by Caboose{SE} »

Strider_V_Core wrote:The biped was rigged and every piece of armor is setup to be a region to be blown off like a flood combat form limb. the model is released and the face just needs a decent detail map for the skin...
...congrats? that takes all of what...5 minutes

and what would be the point, the limit is 8 regions. unless you plan on doing this for h2v in which case get a better effing head
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: poor aids have l33t
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: 100000 aids each year
L33T Ev0lu7i0n: die from l33t
cooldude5990

Post by cooldude5990 »

heh, nice try but not very good

and never use photoskins in the future
In Nomine Dole

Post by In Nomine Dole »

Strider_V_Core wrote:It's as badly done as Killa's HK I know,
And to you that translates into permission to use his HK?

Problems with biped:
-half is badly ripped.
-the other half is bad replacement modeling, and tampering with the original.
-that's not an arm spike, that's a dragged vertex. Not to mention that's more of a blade... and those are completely useless.
-the head is terrible in every conceivable way. It looks like a balloon covered in paper mache and painted accordingly.
-where is the smoothing?
-I can't see any of the textures.
-the front of the arm isn't attached to the body.
-why the hell is it called '000?' That doesn't make sense.

Problems with gun:
-aside from what is already mentioned... what the hell is going on with that safety? Didn't you bother to resize it?

And BTW, keep New York City out of your... [three-year in the making] campaign. That will be all.
Signed:
X___In Nomine Dole__
Strider Vega Core

Post by Strider Vega Core »

Maybe I should show Spartan000 once again

and those "blades" on his arms will have a purpose...

the energy claws as you see are going ingame as well

6 words:

Halo 2 Vista Triple Threat Campaign

http://forums.filefront.com/halo-moddin ... paign.html

Long story short, 14 map campaign, so far only a portion of that is complete. I only recently began to get assistance, all content that is or has ever been halo ish, plus my custom weapons and vehicles, and bipeds and ext... will be there.

Killa's HK for my Hcse maps were temp placements, and the beretta is ingame as I think I said earlier and currently works perfectly.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

buahhahhaahhaah. jesus christ that was hillarious.

stick to comedy. it's far better than your modeling, animating, etc.

oh, wait... were you serious?
Last edited by SnaFuBAR on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leiukemia

Wordewatician 500

Post by Leiukemia »

SnaFuBAR wrote:buahhahhaahhaah. jesus christ that was hillarious.
I laughingly concur. :)
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

Strider Vega Core wrote:6 words:

Halo 2 Vista Triple Threat Campaign
One word:

No.

Quit ignoring every post that doesn't worship you, it's getting old really fast. Don't even bother with H2V until you can actually make your own content, and make it DECENTLY.
SnaFuBAR

Post by SnaFuBAR »

also, Image
Strider Vega Core

Post by Strider Vega Core »

lol ross, I am currently at the GTA Vice City ability to model stage. TTC has a storyline, and I just need to make something bigger than snaf's ego. That will take time... but still...

I have about 255 animations to make for the character rig. And all I can say is, if you don't like the game don't play it. If you don't like how it looks, then you also hate current Rockstar GTA games.

When I model from freehand without any reference pics/drawings, I am not as detailed as I am with them.

There is a difference between 2D flat reference pics, and 3D reference pics. When I use 2D side pics, you get the beretta tomcat. When I use 3D pics, like bungie reference pics, you get objects from containment, sanctuary, uplift, and other creations recreated and highly similar depending on the pic's angle and how much detail I add to it as well.

My net will be cut off for a little while starting monday. I know you will crack a wiseass remark so just know that it will probably not be seen and you will get no true satisfaction lol.
TomClancey

Post by TomClancey »

SVC, you poor poor fool...

If you ever bothered to look for multiple 2D reference pictures then your models would turn out slightly better than your tomcat.

@ Your "000" model: Why the hell can you see inside his helmet? That would mean no HUD so he'd be pretty screwed..

Overall your model idea is very crappy and poor, and your tomcat is way to large. I suggest you actually learn to model before you try and get onto a team (unless you started, then I'm sure it will get nowhere).

On top of that, learn to take criticism and not just listen to the mingebag's that worship you 24/7 because they can't do anything worth crap better than you.

<edit> And those "MC" animations where horrible, they're barely human (in a cyborg way) and why does he kick his legs?