Ascendant Justice- looking for help!

Finish a new model/mesh? Got something you're working on? Finish a new map? Here's the place to post it for feedback and whatnot.

Sound good?

PWNAGE TO THE MAX!
56%
Just...WOW
8%
Cool.
7%
Nah...too big/complex/ambitious.
29%

Total votes: 75

mr_abc_2

Post by mr_abc_2 »

everthing u see has been pulled from single player and i just edited out what i needed
HunterXI

Post by HunterXI »

Im on, although Im not sure of what help I can provide. mr abc, can you either post up those models, or PM me with a link? I was about to go get them, when I realized that my PC machine is all fuxed up and I can only mod with my CE machine.
This post printed on 100% recycled electrons.
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

It IS possible then. And this can be done...as for lag, this map was only intended for high-speed net or broadband. And with lots of people, this wouldn't take THAT long. And even after Halo 2 is released, I can still see people enjoying themselves on a map of this standard.
master_wolf

Location: Hyper Super Killer Giant Ninja Space Zombie of Doom!!!

Post by master_wolf »

its still the fact of how some people's PC's will handle the map.
EqUiNoX

Post by EqUiNoX »

yeh, with the new cards comeing out, maybe u could make it plaable, but hunter, in the books, the shee can go out side in space, so you should let them do that,...btu I sounds like a good plan, if I was better and had CE, then I would help u...
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

Equinox wrote:yeh, with the new cards comeing out, maybe u could make it plaable, but hunter, in the books, the shee can go out side in space, so you should let them do that,...btu I sounds like a good plan, if I was better and had CE, then I would help u...
It does? But they're not vac-sealed and have a flight ceiling of 300m?
:?
gamble

Post by gamble »

.....why would it matter if they are vac'ed? MC has his own air supply. Besides I think if you just play the game it has a cinematic sequence where he flys out of a covie hangar with a shee I think.

and Hunter, you seemed determined to at least try so good luck with it. I don't you'll get very far tho..........

You're trying to beat out maps like mombasa and zanzibar but they have the best people around working on those maps, so i hope you are good or know someone who is.
rossmum

Post by rossmum »

Hope to start this weekend. More news later.
skezer

Post by skezer »

good luck there hunter :D sounds great for a map

and if you need a tester, look no futher :roll: i can test for you if you want.

my emails: [email protected] of want me to do anything for you..not to diffucult though...
Last edited by skezer on Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HunterXI

Post by HunterXI »

hm, Hunter, you still need HCE and HEK, right?

I can still put 'em on CD :wink:
wilso

Post by wilso »

This won't work. It will lag a lot and even on a really good computer you will only get about 2 frames per second, even with all the settings set to low. Bots don't work online, so don't even bother putting those in. This is WAY too ambitious, and I think there should be just two ships, a few banshees and that would be enough to have fun with. Putting in all that extra stuff does make it look cool, but it doesn't make it more fun and it'll just make it lag.

There's no pictures yet either. I think that this is one of those too good to be true maps that are promising but never come out.
reddragon

Post by reddragon »

ok heres your prob from my point of veiw. 1)Ai.. they're gonna shoot at everyone so A) take um out and reduce lag and time to do it B) if u realy want AI put a nuetral team in like the flood or sentinals... that would be cool. 2) I know people are complaining about lag... So first make the map as you like test it out. I mean this map sounds liek its gonna me a view map more than a play map. then if it lags to much reduce things until its ok. which you prob know. 3) this is kinda a request but you should make the back ground space with like reach or planets :-p well thats all I have to say about the map. Which you prob knew already and your thinking im a total idiot. But once i get 3ds max working again I can try and help with anything.
R.D.
HunterXI

Post by HunterXI »

Red - if 3ds max is being a bitch, try reinstalling it or reDLing it, always works for me.

Hey - what if we have Reach in the background? That would be cool. And Reach should be below the map, so it looks like you corpse falls down to it, like in the UT2k4 assault map, Mothership.

Can someone link to .obj's or .max's of the POA and it's launch bay?
ssjgogetta

Post by ssjgogetta »

I wanna beta test, and can also help with some modelling when u need it if u want me.
ssjgogetta

Post by ssjgogetta »

I was just wondering, is it possible to change the bipeds for a team, so for example, the team on the covenant cruiser would be elites and the PoA ppl would be spartans?
Rums

Post by Rums »

I'm not much of a coder, But I'm a good beta tester and alpha (alpha maps are so much fun :-p) tester. Also, I developed a technique in another game that drastically reduces lag which I can explain in detail to you if your interested. But I'm not sure if it will make a difference in Halo's engine. Anyway, I dropped you a PM hunter.
-Rums
Aimaina Hikari

Post by Aimaina Hikari »

Hmm... I had an idea like this before, except I was gonna make the ships... But I'll probably never get to that. Anyway, your level may be way too big for rendering purposes, but that may not be a problem with so much of it empty space and such a large distance between the ships. Just remember that both of those ships, in sp, were divided into different sections which loaded individually in order to save ram... So good luck using the whole thing. I would recommend making your faster spacecraft with heavier firepower, otherwise it will take a heck of a long time to do anything. Making a map that size will be a big pain. Especially with the AI, which I would recommend removing, you're gonna have enough of a fps headache already. I wish you luck... you're going to need it. Especially with the portalling. Have fun.
cyberscape2

Post by cyberscape2 »

Hmm.

I would say that the basic idea would call for a heck of a polycount... and New Mombasa lags on lower end PCs already...

But it sounds really good, and I believe you could pull it off. How would you handle getting from ship to ship? It would be cool if there was some kind of enclosed bridge that appeared to come from the Covenant ship to the UNSC ship (the sort of thing a boarding party would use). And if all the weapons on the UNSC ship were UNSC weps and vice versa, it would really add to the atmosphere.

Where would you get the source model for the Covie ship, though? In Truth and Reconciliation, the top of the ship was missing, and the texture lost its coolness up close. I know there's a Halo CE map (the name escapes me, sorry) that was designed like a Covie ship, with ATVs and those UNSC fighters and other custom things. Could the texture from the underside of the TAR be put onto the bottom of that structure?

Anyways, I don't really know what I'm talking about (I'm only good at designing, not actually creating things, :P), but I really wish you guys luck.

EDIT: If you need a tester, I'd be happy to help.
Sam2

Post by Sam2 »

Hahah, it would be sweet if you make it so at the end of the game, the 2 ships crash on Halo :P
reddragon

umm got part of it...

Post by reddragon »

OK I have part of the Covey Cruiser.. but im having trouble delete the stuff under it... ive gottern most away.. but theres still parts left over..Image
R.D.