Lockout Paintball Mod Final, Its Here!!! (Serenity and SPPF)

This forum is for files only, Utilities and Hacks go here, not skins.
Barringer

Wordewatician 50

Lockout Paintball Mod Final, Its Here!!! (Serenity and SPPF)

Post by Barringer »

Sorry for the delay, we had a million ideas at the last second, but without further delay, i give you Lockout Paintball Mod Final! I will be hosting a KAI server located in Halo2/mods and hacks/Lockout Paintball Mod Final for quite a bit of the day, dont forget your mic's. And here is the reading material:

K, wow, this has been a very long project of nonstop working. But this wasnt just me, Raptor Jesus, and the newest project helper ~FallenOne~ have been working on this a lot themselves, i couldnt do it without them. I really dont know where to start when explaining this map haha. I guess ill start with a "small" list of things that have been changed to make this mod:

--Model Mods--
- BR is a model 98 with the custom H2 Battle Rifle Modification
- SMG is some kind of fully automatic paintball gun
- Sniper is a paintball gun with a long barrel for accuracy (duh) and an 18 round clip
- Magnum is the WarSensor Pistol with a 10 round clip
- Shotgun is a Grapeshot (fellow paintballers should know what that is)
- Rocket launcher is a JCS rocket launcher that fires a Nerf Football as its ammunation. The model includes the JCS rocket launcher and a backpack where your player stores the extra rounds.
- Each weapon fires a paintball (a .68 cal. sphere that is filled with dyed fish oil)
- The rockets are now Nerf Footballs

--Effects Mods-
- Each gun does not have a muzzle flash anymore, instead it has the effect of Co2 being depressurized at a very high rate out the end of the barrel.
- Each paintball makes its own splatter on any piece of environment.
- The grenades and rockets make large splats and have a kill radius.

--Physics--
- Each paintball has its own accuracy and its own downdrop force to best replicate an actual paintball gun's accuracy and human error made during chrono tests.
- Paintballs will bounce off of walls if shot at the correct angle, they are still active after this so watch out for those fully auto guns.
- You can get yourself out by shooting too close to yourself (has to be very very close, as in putting your barrel to the wall) and getting paint on yourself.

--Sound Mods--
- The paintballs make a whizz sound when they go by you, a rubber sound when they bounce, and a splat sound when they hit something and break.
- The rocket launcher has a new firing sound, and the rocked makes a large splat sound when it hits something.
- The grenade makes a large splat sound as well when it explodes.
- At the beginning and end of each game, instead of the announcer talking, a buzzer sounds to signal the games start/end just like in real paintball!

--Weapon Mods--
- BR is semi auto instead of 3 round burst, and has a higher rate of fire.
- Each weapon carries a different amount of paintballs. (regular weapons 200, and specialty weapons their own amount)
- Each weapon has some sort of a visible clip or a hopper.
- The turrets shoot paintballs as well.
- You can only throw grenades while holding light-weight weapons.
- There are no binoculars, but there are still less powerful scopes.
- You cannot melee with any weapon.

--Multiplayer Mods--
- If someone is playing as an elite, they will show up as an ODST.
- The view hight of the ODST's view has been edited to match that of his actual hight.
- You now run faster (as in actually running, not jogging)

--Skin Mods--
- The paintballs have a pink skin.
- The sky has been changed.
- The weather and the fog have also been changed.

--Gameplay--
- If someone without the mod joins a game that does have the mod, it will not effect the gameplay at all, in fact, it will just add another player for you to play this mod with. He will only miss out on all the fun modifications.

--There are many many more things that i did not mention simply because there are too many things for me to think of right now, you will just have to download the mod and find out for yourself. This mod truly enhances the Halo 2 gameplay many times over and is definately worth it to download and play. Also, in the future, I plan on working with the other guys to fully modify each map using a certain application and even modifying the main menu and the intro and attract videos (I do a little video editing on the side of all my other hobbies so i want to give it a shot)--

Download:
- The download for the final version will be up later today along with many many pictures, the only reason i posted this early was to get all this information written down because it took so long and with it already done, i can get a kai server up and running for the mod. The kai server will be in Halo 2\Mods and Hacks\Lockout Paintball Mod and my kai name is Barringer. In the mean time, check out the Beta 2 and see just a handful of the features that are in the final mod.

And now for the Pics:::

Sniper downdrop:

Rocket Launcher and Rocket Models:

WSP:

SMG:

BR:

Sniper:

Shotgun Spread:

ODST:

Paintballs (their a lot pinker in game):

And of course, the paint:

Id like to give a big thanks to first of all the people who developed this mod, Raptor Jesus and I, and the people who helped us out along the way by telling us how to do certain stuff and helping us beta test, ~FallenOne~ and a.1337.H4X0RZ3R.
Zephyrous - Contributing a few ideas
Kekkimaro - helping beta test, being a model during the first screen shots, and letting me use his computer and internet (got nagged into saying that XP)
Kekkimaro's grandparents - for providing pizza and drinks while there Razz
Also to all the people in the Halo Mods community, and to Halo Mods for hosting this awesome site.

And now, the DL:
Attachments
PBLockout1.0.serenity.rar
K, i didnt test this cause i dont have an xbox at the moment, but im pretty sure it works.
(3.59 MiB) Downloaded 912 times
LockoutPBFinal.sppf.rar
(6.53 MiB) Downloaded 5652 times
Last edited by Barringer on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
For all my latest models visit http://www.barringermodels.tk
The Flying Dutchmen

Commentator Articulatist 500

Post by The Flying Dutchmen »

looks kool. i like the models, try uv mapping them with new entity.
i'd say give it a new skin, and place some obstacles around the map for some more cover.
KILLTROCITY MAPPACK
I don't think the dds files work in the ppf o matic
Barringer

Wordewatician 50

Post by Barringer »

I would, but lockout is lockout, its basically a bunch of suspended hallways and catwalks, so there is no reason for cover, there are enough walls, but anyways we are planning on making a Halo 2 paintball mappack including bsp conversions and other new models, this is just the first of many. Oh, and if i could find a tut on uv mapping the models, i would, i only know how to create them so far. Thanks for the support.
The Flying Dutchmen

Commentator Articulatist 500

Post by The Flying Dutchmen »

this mod got more potential then any other paintball mods so far. i think the tut on how to uv-map is on haloplugins, which is down at the moment. so far everything has been done very neat, but there has to be more visual appearence in the mod, looks too much like lockout, despite all neat things you've modified so far
KILLTROCITY MAPPACK
I don't think the dds files work in the ppf o matic
Barringer

Wordewatician 50

Post by Barringer »

Yeah, thats one thing we did lack was a skin of the actual map, but like i said, this is the first of many and i wanted to kinda keep lockout the way it was as much as possible since it is such a great map and the cover is already great, like walls and stuff, and the blank middle makes for a great place to battle it out with like 10 guys haha oh and remember, just cause you see a guy doesnt mean ur going to get an easy kill cause its one shot kill, the paintballs have very very accurate physics to that of actual paintball and have a downdrop and an innacurate spread, but with enough skill you can definately rack up the kills.
jackosmack

Location: seeing the snakes on a plane sequel: Sharks on a Tractor O.o

Post by jackosmack »

wow..this looks like fun, are you overwriting lockout for kai? or if you adding it to the mainmenu what map id are you using
MrBalll

Acolyte Bloodhound Recreator Connoisseur
Illusionist

Post by MrBalll »

Doesn't look too bad. Models look pretty good. Nice job on it.
Raptor Jesus

Post by Raptor Jesus »

as far as i know, we are overwriting lockout. we have every other time we've played. This mod is awesome with a lot of people playing. i think the most we had was 8. It gets really hectic. You see pink balls flying everywhere XP.

ignore the thing about the speed, we already figured that out. the information up there was posted from the beta forum we had. Seems like there was something else he forgot to mention, but idk.

oh yah, a few credits.
Zephiros - Contributing a few ideas (sry for the typo XP)
Kekkimaru - helping beta test, being a model during the first screen shots, and letting me use his computer and internet (got nagged into saying that XP)
Kekkimaru's grandparents - for providing pizza and drinks while there :P
Also to all the people in the Halo Mods community, and to Halo Mods for hosting this awesome site.

me and barringer are talking about creating a modding team together so expect more mods like this.
Last edited by Raptor Jesus on Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~FallenOne~

Post by ~FallenOne~ »

indeed its mayhem at the core of it all... even with just me and barringer it was fun.

{barringer im gonna get going on the bridge now i think(CTF Anyone?)}
Well AI isn't easy, its not like you get 5 nerds, coke-a-cola, and a bunch of computers and 2 days later theres AI. Its more like 50 Nerds, Cocaine, and Supercomputers, then 2 weeks later you get AI.
Last edited by ~FallenOne~ on Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:38 pm; edited 1,000 times in total
Barringer

Wordewatician 50

Post by Barringer »

Feedback anybody???
nintynine

Post by nintynine »

is there spread as if there was wind? (lockout is outside and all)
i just saw some on the shotgun
Raptor Jesus

Post by Raptor Jesus »

We didn't add any wind effects, but i have noticed sometimes that it looks like they kinda curve while shooting the BR. I don't really know why, but it just looks like they do. They would be pretty sweet if we could do that.

Just wondering, how small do the sigs have to be? I know it has to be like 75kb or something. i wanna know if its like 200x500 or something. i'm working on making a sig for this and don't wanna make it too big.
Kekkimaru

Post by Kekkimaru »

Raptor Jesus wrote:We didn't add any wind effects, but i have noticed sometimes that it looks like they kinda curve while shooting the BR. I don't really know why, but it just looks like they do. They would be pretty sweet if we could do that.

Just wondering, how small do the sigs have to be? I know it has to be like 75kb or something. i wanna know if its like 200x500 or something. i'm working on making a sig for this and don't wanna make it too big.
Keep the < No name yet> name
And, and sometimes I can stick TWO fingers in my bellybutton
Raptor Jesus

Post by Raptor Jesus »

I've made a serenity patch for this. I sent it to Barringer and he's off on a paintball tournament for a week. When he gets back, the first post will be updated, and we might have a version 1.1 released with some bugs i've noticed and some things we've missed. One bug that i think is kinda funny, if you've noticed that the hopper on the smg looks kinda weird, almost see through, its because the skins are on the inside of it XD. don't know how this happend, but hopefully we will have a fix for it.
P8ntballer24

Coagulator Droplet

Location: United States Total Posts: 1,039 .... Team: Brok3n Halo

Post by P8ntballer24 »

Looks cool!
.: | P8ntball | :. .: | Halo Derby | :.
Call 610-Hot-Luis for a wild and sexy chat. Only 10 cents a minute. Must be 18 or older to call.
Raptor Jesus

Post by Raptor Jesus »

hmm... i recall p8ntballer flaming the very first version of this when it was just an idea.
P8ntballer24 wrote:Well try play mine on XBC with 10 people and wiht no shields then come to me and tell me it's not fun... If your gonna try beat ours why not actully try beat are's instead of making this piece of crap..
i have played ur paintball game with a lot of people. its just doesn't add much to halo other then the new models and the "shoot" paint. I really don't call having paint randomly hitting the wall shooting paint.
Now try this mod, it COMPLETELY changes the gameplay. Instead of being about who could get the better guns, its all about cover and running your ass off so you don't get hit.
This mod is like paintball in almost every way possible without making a new entire game.
P8ntballer24

Coagulator Droplet

Location: United States Total Posts: 1,039 .... Team: Brok3n Halo

Post by P8ntballer24 »

Um ok? P8ntball was made some time ago when things where different.. I would update P8ntball but it take's time to rego mirros on mimesis and the map pack or else it would be easy for the damage boost and some other little thingy's....

I was saying the final product looked cool... You don't have to bring up old things and I don't like beta mods being posted too.. :?

Anyways to start with the pro's and suggestion's..

Pro's
-Love the beginning and ending horn
-Love the fact you can see the paintball

Suggestions
-The sniper and pistol seems like the same thing maybe make them different?
-More weapons to choose then 5.. I mean like Balance a SMG can own a Rocket or shotgun or any weapon..
-Maybe a skin?
-SMG owns all pretty much maybe make the sniper have a advantage?
-New models with bumpmaps..
Last edited by P8ntballer24 on Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
.: | P8ntball | :. .: | Halo Derby | :.
Call 610-Hot-Luis for a wild and sexy chat. Only 10 cents a minute. Must be 18 or older to call.
T1xAnton

Coagulator Recreator Connoisseur

Post by T1xAnton »

Well I just fixed my xbox and am about to play test this i will tell you how it turns out. ! ^^
Accept Change.
Raptor Jesus

Post by Raptor Jesus »

how are the sniper and the pistol the same?
we aren't really going for balence that much. we want this to be realistic. in real life, paintball guns are not balenced. I suggest when playing this, do random weapons or maybe use like all BR's or something. Or you can play it the way it is. its all up to the user on how he plays this.

i plan on skinning but not at the moment. i have other things i need to work on.
dye4howard

Post by dye4howard »

is there a way to make it one shot your our? like actual paintball. but cool mod dude.